LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, what's up everyone? i wanna get some sheet metal to make a tank and the back of my bike, i was wondering were you guys get your sheet metal, about who much does it run at metal supply shops?
thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey, that is one of the things im trying to do, i actually talked to an autobody place, and they said that it would cost around 300bucks depending on how you want it to look.

hope this helps. later

o or you can order a bondoed frame for 189 bucks from lovelylowrider.com

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
i get 12 x 24?? sheets...i think the measurements are something like that... anyways, i get it for like 6 bucks a sheet at ace hardware... its like 22 guage..

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
300 bucks is to much for me, i would rather buy the sheet metal and have my cousin do it, i might check out ace though to see what they have. what kind of metal do you use?

Last edited by G-body_Hopper at Jul 25 2003, 04:32 PM

·
Registered
473 Posts
Just go to home depot or whatever and get a big sheet of 22gauge steel sheet metal, its kind of hard to cut with sheers tho, but thats what im using

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Originally posted by juiced92blazer@Jul 26 2003, 09:59 AM~919986
Just go to home depot or whatever and get a big sheet of 22gauge steel sheet metal, its kind of hard to cut with sheers tho, but thats what im using
Or you could just bump this topic.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Originally posted by biggeazy-e@Jul 25 2003, 01:28 PM~917573
i get 12 x 24?? sheets...i think  the measurements are something like that... anyways, i get it for like 6 bucks a sheet at ace hardware... its like 22 guage..
yup take wat i got at lowes good for the tank and it was 22 guage

·
Registered
147 Posts
I bought 16 guage sheet metal from napa. I paid $22 for a 3 foot by 5 foot piece. That is enough to do a bunch of bikes so you could go in with a couple of people or save it for another project. The metal is used for car floor boards so it is nice and strong and easier to weld than the 22 guage.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts