LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup all.
so i finally got some wires on the impala. seems the front keep wanting to tighten more. the rears seem fine. when i put them on the first time i tightened them up by hand. then a bit with the hammer. makin sure that they were seated properly on the adapter. dropped it down. an smacked them till it stopped movin.. also put a bit of hightemp grease on the knock threads. so im thinkin i did it all right. the only other thing i didnt do was to make sure the studs were the right length(as in not to long) but im pretty sure they are ok, i mean the rears were. maybe i shoulda made sure.
anyways any tips would be wicked..
layta

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah there seems to be no interferance.. and when i first put them on i made sure they were seated properly by tryin to wiggle the wheel like u would when checkin balljoints and tierodends. felt good. gotta get another hammer before i take it off to check. that one that came with my wheels sure was crap. lol. there is a local place here in my city that deals with alot of MGB's and A's so i think i'll try an see what they use for a hammer on thier wheels.
layta

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
you got wires on your ride ... it's about time ... post pics i cant wait too see it ..you've had a pic of a nice hop on your avi for some time with them stocks ..

the fronts should tighten like the back ... are you saying you have to hit the front k.o.'s more or ..they are tightening by them selves?..

they should want to tighten them selves. seeing it you have them on the wrong sides they will loosen from inertia ..

so tighten them up once more check them now and then ....get some pics and post them ... holler back!

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by socapots@Aug 3 2005, 12:08 PM~3533910
thats wat im thinkin...

and what's the deal with some people saying to have the wheel off the ground while tightenin.. everything i read online said wheel on the ground.
i dont get it.
layta
what I do it tightened them until the are tight, knock it with the hammer until they get tight, and yes it will be a bitch cause the rim spins. Lower your jack until some of the weight of the car, not all the weight of the car is on the ground. If you put all the weight on the ground, it may feel like it is tight, but as you knock the spinner, the wheel has to move inwards to tighten. If you got it on the ground it can not move, hope that helps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts