LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im cheap and dont want to buy kit, so i was wondering if anyone can tell me what shocks i can use for relocation of shocks on front of 63 impala, i have a new set of stocks but i dont think they crush down enough thanx for the help guys, oh and any tips would be appreciated :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
I wana put shocks up front of my '59 too, but I read that you lose some steering radius (i guess because the steering knuckle hits the shock) anyone know if thats true?

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Feb 15 2010, 08:01 AM~16616445
I wana put shocks up front of my '59 too, but I read that you lose some steering radius (i guess because the steering knuckle hits the shock) anyone know if thats true?
Idk but from the looks of that pic i'd almost say yeah kinda looks like it would.

·
Registered
144 Posts
why u need shocks alex. im hopin i dont got to put them on my car i dont want to cut my fender linner up

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by 59camino@Feb 16 2010, 12:44 AM~16624459
why u need shocks alex. im hopin i dont got to put them on my car i dont want to cut my fender linner up
my front end is just so sloppy, I really wana tighten it up up there. But I am gona do new tie rod ends & idler arm, prolly with a 605 conversion and see what that does b4 i do the shocks

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Feb 14 2010, 09:49 PM~16613312

dont flick me any crap about the bag its just temporary im going to run 2600's  :biggrin:
the shock will go behind all that, you only lose it when you have large rims. The wheel rim starts to rub against the shock at full radius (if you can get there). For me, I use nissan hardbody shocks.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by chongo1@Feb 18 2010, 05:35 PM~16653819
thanx foey any year specific or dnt matter?
get within this body style,

I forgot the part #, will look though so you know what to ask for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts