LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy the 27" shocks off prohopper. I was wondering if installing these will in anyway inhibit 3 wheeling or make the hydraulics work slower.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 25 2008, 11:04 PM~12528110
I was going to buy the 27" shocks off prohopper. I was wondering if installing these will in anyway inhibit 3 wheeling or make the hydraulics work slower.
it will not make the hydraulics slower since they are designed to take shock absorbtion. just like when u clip the plastic retaining zip tie the shock extends on its own and quickly. its much harder to compress then extend

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 25 2008, 10:44 PM~12528825
it will not make the hydraulics slower since they are designed to take shock absorbtion.  just like when u clip the plastic retaining zip tie the shock extends on its own and quickly.  its much harder to compress then extend
Does it effect 3-wheeling?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 26 2008, 04:04 AM~12529192
Does it effect 3-wheeling?
a little bit,because like kingfish said its harder to compress them so you gotta open your slowdowns a little to account for that but them little cyl holes you got will keep that car from tipping big time :biggrin:

·
Registered
36,809 Posts
If they are going on an X-frame car and you have 12" strokes they will snap fast three-wheeling

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by GOODTIMESROY@Dec 26 2008, 12:43 PM~12530089
If they are going on an X-frame car and you have 12" strokes they will snap fast three-wheeling
i believe he has a g-body

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by NY-BOSSMAN+Dec 26 2008, 08:08 AM~12529957-->
a little bit,because like kingfish said its harder to compress them so you gotta open your slowdowns a little to account for that but them little cyl holes you got will keep that car from tipping big time :biggrin:
[/b]
:biggrin: They'll be getting bigger.

<!--QuoteBegin-NY-BOSSMAN
@Dec 26 2008, 08:53 AM~12530148
i believe he has a g-body
:yes:

·
Boats n Hoes
6,117 Posts
I wouldn't put shocks on a car I was gonna 3 wheel in. I did it on a 82 Cadillac once and it worked for a couple weeks then one time I WAS 3 WHEELIN AND i WENT TO SET THE CAR BACK DOWN AND IT DIDN'T GO TOGETHER right and it ended up bendin over in half. and wouldn't lay all the way. I took em off. I was usin truck shocks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by unforgiven50insp@Dec 26 2008, 10:16 PM~12534805
I wouldn't put shocks on a car I was gonna 3 wheel in.  I did it on a 82 Cadillac once and it worked for a couple weeks then one time  I WAS 3 WHEELIN AND i WENT TO SET THE CAR BACK DOWN AND IT DIDN'T GO TOGETHER  right and it ended up bendin over in half. and wouldn't lay all the way.  I took em off.  I was usin truck shocks
Yeah I want it to 3-wheel but just not so bouncy, and I don't want to have to buy accumulators. because I still want some bounce.

·
Registered
627 Posts
What's the purpose of the shocks? :confused:

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 27 2008, 12:46 AM~12535035
Yeah I want it to 3-wheel but just not so bouncy, and I don't want to have to buy accumulators. because I still want some bounce.
what size coil do u have in the rear?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
my last car i ran stock front coils from a roadmaster and shocks and the ride was nice and comfortable but i only got 10" of lift out of them and it didnt lay as low as i wanted so i lost the shocks and ran some 3 tons coils ,that was a real stiff (but fun) ride

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS+Dec 27 2008, 12:40 AM~12535533-->
what size coil do u have in the rear?
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-NY-BOSSMAN
@Dec 27 2008, 08:02 AM~12536135
my last car i ran stock front coils from a roadmaster and shocks and the ride was nice and comfortable but i only got 10" of lift out of them and it didnt lay as low as i wanted so i lost the shocks and ran some 3 tons coils ,that was a real stiff (but fun) ride
Yeah you see I have the Mach 3 springs which I believe are 3 ton springs. I cut 2 turns off of them I believe so that they would fit but they were still stiff so I threw them in the back of the car hoping they would compress a little before putting them up front again. I know thats part of the reason they are so bouncy, but, I'm planning on putting my 1 ton precuts in the back when it comes time to swap again which I know will cut down on the bounce. However, will the shocks still make the ride smoother? Be necessary at all?

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by GueroRegal@Dec 27 2008, 12:27 PM~12536701
Yeah you see I have the Mach 3 springs which I believe are 3 ton springs. I cut 2 turns off of them I believe so that they would fit but they were still stiff so I threw them in the back of the car hoping they would compress a little before putting them up front again. I know thats part of the reason they are so bouncy, but, I'm planning on putting my 1 ton precuts in the back when it comes time to swap again which I know will cut down on the bounce. However, will the shocks still make the ride smoother? Be necessary at all?

its been mentioned to me before that those mach springs will get spongy but still hold a good bounce thats why some people like them.. i seen a fellow layitlow memeber with the machs up front and i think it had 4 turns on the coil and his car was hitting 40's but was told the car normally does 50's..so u may not want those in the back of the car....the shocks will help with the ride. but 3 ton coils may not be the choice for u... may want to go softer like a 2 ton coil..

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i had shocks on a big body caddy and everytime i 3'd i always faught me..i was running 10s in the rear and i lockd up the full 10 but the shocks always faught me n i used stock springs for the rear and it had the smoothest ride ever but like everyone says every car is different they have feelings u kno

1 - 17 of 17 Posts