LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what everybody is running for front and rear shocks in their impala's with an air ride setup. I have 1/2 lines with 200psi, if that makes a difference, just wanna hear what everyone else is using

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
What's KYB? Does anyone have a part bum or model we can get at the local parts store? I'm in same situation. Also, my front bounces like a motha, I'd like to weld on a shock. What's up?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
What's KYB? Does anyone have a part bum or model we can get at the local parts store? I'm in same situation. Also, my front bounces like a motha, I'd like to weld on a shock. What's up?
KYB is a brand. The ones i got are KYB Part # 343130. Thats for the rear. You can get em from rockauto.com or Ebay. You can prolly get em from autozone or pep boys too.

As far as the front, Im in the same situation. There are a few threads floating around about adding the shock kit to a '59-'64 impala

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Try switching your bags in the front to some made by Slam Specialties. I swapped out my firestone bags for SS and I don't have the annoying bounce and swaying motion on the road anymore and I have no shocks on front end either

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i got slam specialties SS7's i recently took the shocks out of my impala and i just increased my psi a little more in the bags and it seemed to ride nice. and i live in canada with some rougher roads. so im thinking next year try it without shocks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.