LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have some friends that have lifted (not hydraulics) 4x4 jeeps and noticed that the shocks on them look like they would be suitable for a lowrider that locks up high and would let it lay also. now i havent actually taken measurement but they look like they are maby 30 inches long and would compress to about half that they only cost about $60 us i think the name brand was rubicon just giving everyone the heads up, i will be looking into a set of these for my car too

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Yes, they do have shocks that are longer...but its still a pain. You have to set the car up to lay and raise within the range of the shocks....if not....the hydraulics will rip the cylinders a new ass every time. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i know they will wear fast from constantly lifting and raising but im just saying that if your looking for some shocks you might want to head into a 4x4 shop and pick up a set alot cheaper than a hydro shop would sell em for ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Jan 10 2004, 08:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Jan 10 2004, 08:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo@Jan 10 2004, 01:55 PM
Jay, you should research part numbers and start selling them...
haha.......I remember buying some "Red's lowrider shocks"....and peeling the reds sticker off to uncover "Monroe shocks" :roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak:

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 10 2004, 02:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 10 2004, 02:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 08:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo
@Jan 10 2004, 01:55 PM

haha.......I remember buying some "Red's lowrider shocks"....and peeling the reds sticker off to uncover "Monroe shocks" :roflmao: :roflmao:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak:[/b][/quote]
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
what im wondering is how much more he paid for that special reds sticker that was on em

·
Registered
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Jan 10 2004, 02:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Jan 10 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo@Jan 10 2004, 01:55 PM
haha.......I remember buying some "Red's lowrider shocks"....and peeling the reds sticker off to uncover "Monroe shocks" :roflmao: :roflmao:[/b][/quote]
sounds like the prohopper unbreakable ball joint

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin+Jan 10 2004, 03:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (enough_talkin @ Jan 10 2004, 03:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 10 2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 08:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Volv_lo
@Jan 10 2004, 01:55 PM

haha.......I remember buying some "Red's lowrider shocks"....and peeling the reds sticker off to uncover "Monroe shocks" :roflmao: :roflmao:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :twak:
what im wondering is how much more he paid for that special reds sticker that was on em[/b][/quote]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts