LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 83 Regal with showtime hydro's. It's my daily driver and i want to put shocks in it to smooth out the ride. It bounces like a mad bull over the smallest of bumps, mainly the rear end.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I had shocks in my 66 for about a minute, Pulled right out of the frame. Shocks will limt your standing 3 wheel because the pressue wil put it back down.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the only thing you can do is put in accumulators or lighter springs which will make it hop for shit and bottom out easy shocks wont do anything with hydraulics they dont move unless your hitting the switches buy some accumulators and youll have an awesome ride better than air bags its the only thing you can do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
34,398 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 14 2006, 03:27 PM~6173557
What's the significance of the extra t in monster?

get him!!!!!

J/P

·
Registered
65 Posts
An accumulator is a softball size sphere pressurized with nitrogen gas. The gas inside the accumulator acts as a shock absorber and is perfect for anyone that’s looking to get a better ride out of their lifted car. Our Accumulators are Pre-charged to 300psi and the capacity is 20 cubic inches or 0.35 liters. Pro Hopper offers a accumulator shut off kit which allows you to get the speed you want when you need it and a smooth ride when you want it all with the the flip of the switch

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by montster@Sep 14 2006, 01:31 PM~6173603
accumulators sounds like the best option for sure
More expensive than shocks, but you can always get shut-offs for them too. :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
add the accumulator between the hydrualic hose comeing from the cyl going to the pump they run 90.00 each you can buy a shut off kit for 595.00 it comes with 2 electronic valves ( same as an dump) but alittle different style that way you can just flip a switch to turn them on or off they are very costly but its the only choice you have, shocks wont do anything to help imprive the ride on a vehicle with hydraulics!!!!the only thing that will happen is you will blow the shocks out

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Or you can get the manual shut-offs for a fraction of the price. You just have to open the trunk to shut them off. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
go take the coils out of your car extend the cyl out and push down on it, does it move? NO, the only movement in a hydraulic setup is the coil, if you add the accumulator it will allow the hydraulic fluid to move in and out of the cyl free acting as a shock! do you understand? shocks wont help you for a better ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
awsome, where can i get accumulators?
i didn't see them on showtimes website, and i checked red's and didn't find them there either

1 - 20 of 25 Posts