LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am gonna do some sort of mod on the drive shaft but not sure which one.... people have been real helpful with the slip yoke but my boy thinks it is a bad idea (he had one break on his caddy :angry: ) so he thinks shortening the shaft would be safer... any opinions on this? i am running 14" cyl on an 83 sedan deville
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,097 Posts
extend the upper control arms 1" and shorten the shaft 1"
this should work out well !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,340 Posts
:biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by freeky deeky@Jun 9 2007, 05:08 AM~8070999
i am gonna do some sort of mod on the drive shaft but not sure which one.... people have been real helpful with the slip yoke but my boy thinks it is a bad idea (he had one break on his caddy :angry: ) so he thinks shortening the shaft would be safer... any opinions on this? i am running 14" cyl on an 83 sedan deville
THE BAD PART IF YOU SHORTEN THE DRIVESHAFT,IT MAY FALL OUT WHEN YOU LAY THE CAR :0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34,340 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOM209@Jun 9 2007, 12:29 PM~8072190
get a slip n stub from black magic,  200.00  it costs roughly 140.00 to have it installed onto a driveline.
X2 :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOM209@Jun 9 2007, 01:29 PM~8072190
get a slip n stub from black magic,  200.00  it costs roughly 140.00 to have it installed onto a driveline.
I heard you could buy the same set-up from Farm & Fleet or any farm implement store for half that. Tractors use the same type on ther PTO (Power Take-Off)
Anyone heard of this???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by Loco SS@Jun 9 2007, 12:44 PM~8072241
I heard you could buy the same set-up from Farm & Fleet or any farm implement store for half that. Tractors use the same type on ther PTO (Power Take-Off)
Anyone heard of this???
yup and you can also look up arizona drivelines on line or a hundred other places they all sell them for cheap, but for the best deal pm ROCKSOLID84
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,540 Posts
i have a 81 coupe with 14's and i shortened 1" and can lay and drive no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i already extended my uppers... i gotta get my chains to the right length then see if what i need to do..... i'll pm big rich when the time comes thanks for the help people :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
ttt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
509 Posts
Originally posted by freeky deeky@Jun 9 2007, 06:08 AM~8070999
i am gonna do some sort of mod on the drive shaft but not sure which one.... people have been real helpful with the slip yoke but my boy thinks it is a bad idea (he had one break on his caddy :angry: ) so he thinks shortening the shaft would be safer... any opinions on this? i am running 14" cyl on an 83 sedan deville
no doubt....go with a slip.....no need to even think about it. you cant lay the car with a shortend drive shaft. it will slip out the tranny and trans fluid all over the place..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,802 Posts
get the slip yoke or black magic calls the slip n stub. even if u shorten up the drive shaft an inch u still lock the car up its gonna still put pressure on ur tranny. if u get the slip done theres not as much pressure on the tranny, the spring on the slip yoke will absorb it so it takes less stress of the rear of the tranny.

oh ya got mine installed on the drive shaft for 77 bucks hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,826 Posts
Originally posted by Loco SS@Jun 9 2007, 12:44 PM~8072241
I heard you could buy the same set-up from Farm & Fleet or any farm implement store for half that. Tractors use the same type on ther PTO (Power Take-Off)
Anyone heard of this???
dont work homie to big they dont have the size for your car has to be special order ! :cool:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top