LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a super clean and nice coupe, but it has a 4100 with 60k on it. and im told its not a good engine.... what should i do?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 16 2005, 11:04 PM~3639457
im looking at a super clean and nice coupe, but it has a 4100 with 60k on it. and im told its not a good engine.... what should i do?
hey bro i don't care what anyone says . i think this is a great engine mine as over 100,000 on it and (knock on wood a.k.a. my nardi lol :biggrin: ) is still running great. as long as you take care of it it will as in don't let it over heat.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Just keep up with the Maintainace just like the owners manual says and do a flush with every few oil changes. The crank is pretty weak so dont tow any thing with it,or try to race anyone (not that you'd win anyway).

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 17 2005, 01:36 AM~3640333
for 4995, it cant blow up
if its clean, not really. I've noticed in the past 3 1/2 years since i bought mine that the price of the 80's coupe devilles are going up quick, especially for low mileage clean cars.

And yes, the 4100 is a good motor if taken care of. Not alot of power, but for a v8, the gas mileage isn't too bad.

I meant to qoute Da Frogg, not you.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by 83Coupe@Aug 17 2005, 11:15 AM~3642089
if its clean, not really.  I've noticed in the past 3 1/2 years since i bought mine that the price of the 80's coupe devilles are going up quick, especially for low mileage clean cars.

And yes, the 4100 is a good motor if taken care of.  Not alot of power, but for a v8, the gas mileage isn't too bad.

I meant to qoute Da Frogg, not you.
well it will be hallin alot of weight, frame wrap, 4 pumps with 8 or more batteries. so the engines not going to last long.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 17 2005, 06:17 PM~3643821
well it will be hallin alot of weight, frame wrap, 4 pumps with 8 or more batteries. so the engines not going to last long.
4 pumps, OMG what a monster we have created

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Aug 17 2005, 04:19 PM~3643841
4 pumps, OMG what a monster we have created
yeah, i gotta have the same controll as my air had :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Aug 17 2005, 04:17 PM~3643821
No the engine will last just dont pull a boat or somthing like that with it. You"ll be fine, get the car :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:machinegun: i just dont know
my oll man it a great mechanic, he has been there for it all, he has seen these things give out and says most of them where scrapped because of it. ( not most, just plenty of them) he said, you can put any engine in a car, just how much time, money and work you wanna put into it? for 4995, i cant have this car going to shit anytime soon, and i dont wanna feel i have to baby it or it will pop :uh: why didnt cadillac just put a 305 in it?

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im going to go tomorrow to get this cadillac, if i find another person to go with me :biggrin: because it has the 4.1 buick engine in it, v6 :cheesy:

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
My 84' Coupe D has the 4.1L V8 in it & 4 pumps and 10 batts. It has 45,00 miles on it. I just don't smash the gas pedal, Just Cruisin!

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well that fell throw, i went to look at it, and it wasnt rust free. the drivers side rear side of the floor pan had a solf spot the size of my hand and a few rust holes in that soft spot, then the truck lid lip had rust on one side. the 1/4 top was cracking and discolored, the guts where a lil to be desired, the door arm rest where hanging there, there was a panel falling off, the dash was cracked and the inside was just a lil dirty. then it had one of them $300 paint speacils, i could see the sanding marks here and there, there wasnt complete covrage some places, they didnt remove the trim to paint it, it was horried to me, look great far away but up close far from good, how ever the car ran real nice, and was smooth. but that couldnt make up for the rest and beside the cost he wanted. i could only get him down to 3500 from 4995, i would only give 3000, and at that thats still alot of money for such a car....ugh, the sad thing is i wont be getting that body style of a caddy because the rest will more than likly have the HT4100 and not the V6 this one had....o well i guess

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
No, if you find an 80 or 81 with a V8 itll be a 368. 3000 is way to much money for the car you described

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Ulysses 2@Aug 20 2005, 06:18 PM~3663163
No, if you find an 80 or 81 with a V8 itll be a 368. 3000 is way to much money for the car you described
yep, it sadens me really, but we where waiting for him to find us in the evansville once we got there. and i seen it out the corner of my eye, and i stood and looked...i said im my head, this isnt my car, we came up her for nothing :( so i drove it back to his place. i mean even the chrome wheels has huge spots of chrome coming off....i could resale them bitches :uh:

so on to find:
80-81 coupe devile, none HT
baby lincoln with 1/4 top and moon roof
2dr caprice 80s
regal

1 - 20 of 29 Posts