1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
do the juice1st u dont wanna fuck up your new paint doin it after words

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
oh i see...cuz other people did bring up good points about not messin the paint up. :cool: lowryder456, i suggest saving up ur emoney and getting them done around the same time. get ure hydros done then the week after go ahead with the paint.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
i suggested paint because like Chris said, it catches the peoples eye. Now please tell me how are you gonna fuck up a paint job by juiciing it?? I don't get that. All of the work is being done in the trunk, and partial in the wheel wells. So unless you are not a professional or good installer, your chances of fucking up your paint are slim to none. The obious answer to this question is to have them both done. One thing that is nasty, is seeing a bucket with fuckups with juice. Just like Chris, my opinion.....

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
whats the point of having a car that looks like crap on hydros? first thing the eye notices is a nice paint, cant see in the trunk while you drive. any decent installer will not mess up your paint. all the cars ive done or seen get done have done hydros after painting.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Nov 7 2003, 08:18 PM
whats the point of having a car that looks like crap on hydros? first thing the eye notices is a nice paint, cant see in the trunk while you drive. any decent installer will not mess up your paint. all the cars ive done or seen get done have done hydros after painting.
EXCATLEY :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
You want to do your paint last. You want to minimize any chances of getting a scratch, dent, or even a spark put on your new paint job. Do all of your "technical" work first, and then take care of your paint.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
here the basic assumption is the car NEEDS paint. funny when you see this guys roll up and hit switches on a clean car with moldings hanging off or in primer. they dont understand they look stupid, but to them they are the coolest thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
Originally posted by locomaz@Nov 8 2003, 01:21 AM
You want to do your paint last. You want to minimize any chances of getting a scratch, dent, or even a spark put on your new paint job. Do all of your "technical" work first, and then take care of your paint.
i think this guy is saying he has money for one of the other. id feel better rolling clean with my nice paint and rims then with hydros. in all these years never chipped or scratched a car. it can happen, but up to the shop doing the install to fix it, if they do scratch it.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Nov 8 2003, 12:21 AM
here the basic assumption is the car NEEDS paint. funny when you see this guys roll up and hit switches on a clean car with moldings hanging off or in primer. they dont understand they look stupid, but to them they are the coolest thing since sliced bread.
lol,whats even worse is when they always say im gonna get it painted next month after i fix a couple of things...2 yrs later still riding primer all busted up,knock offs all rusted..first thing you do before you get hydros,make a list from top to bottom,start from the paint to interior,and the hydros...the major key is not to rush ,take your time..and dont forget to see what else your car needs such as a new engine,basic tune ups and so on,so many people neglect this..alot of people throw a car together and forget the main things,ive seen people with 3gs paint jobs,2gs in wheels and cant afford a tune up and trash the car..so take your time look over your project good luck :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts