LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SHOULD I USE MY SWAY BAR ON MY 62, WANT IT TO HOP A LITTLE AND PULL A HUGE 3. I'VE SEEN SOME GUYS RUN WITH AND SOME WITH OUT??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
it has nothing to do with 3 wheeling so for that case it dont matter but if you're hopping the car alot the bushings and framemounts will get chewed up in no time. it allso fights the side to side move.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 2 2004, 12:17 PM
it has nothing to do with 3 wheeling so for that case it dont matter but if you're hopping the car alot the bushings and framemounts will get chewed up in no time. it allso fights the side to side move.
HOW BAD WILL MY RIDE BE, I AM THINKING ABOUT ACCUMULATORS WITH SHUT OFF VALVES.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE+Jan 2 2004, 07:23 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PROJECT6DEUCE @ Jan 2 2004, 07:23 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 2 2004, 12:17 PM
it has nothing to do with 3 wheeling so for that case it dont matter but if you're hopping the car alot the bushings and framemounts will get chewed up in no time. it allso fights the side to side move.
HOW BAD WILL MY RIDE BE, I AM THINKING ABOUT ACCUMULATORS WITH SHUT OFF VALVES.[/b][/quote]
it do feels a bit different driving the car without it but it aint' a really big deal, i dont use it, try to drive the car without it first and wait to decide...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT. IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE. I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE@Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT. IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE. I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN
i think those mounts looks good!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE@Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT. IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE. I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN
they will have no effect on the stiffness of the ride...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 2 2004, 11:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 2 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--PROJECT6DEUCE@Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT.  IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE.  I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN
they will have no effect on the stiffness of the ride...[/b][/quote]
I think he meant that if he puts more pressure in them, will it keep the body from rolling side to side. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by S10lifted+Jan 2 2004, 12:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (S10lifted @ Jan 2 2004, 12:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 2 2004, 11:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--PROJECT6DEUCE
@Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT.  IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE.  I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN

they will have no effect on the stiffness of the ride...
I think he meant that if he puts more pressure in them, will it keep the body from rolling side to side. ;)[/b][/quote]
EXACTLY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by PROJECT6DEUCE+Jan 2 2004, 07:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PROJECT6DEUCE @ Jan 2 2004, 07:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by -badass [email protected] 2 2004, 11:42 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--PROJECT6DEUCE
@Jan 2 2004, 07:39 PM
THE PROBLEM IS THAT MY LOWERS ARE GETTING CHROMED AND I WANT TO GRIND THE MOUNTS OFF IF I DON'T NEED IT.  IF I RUN ACCUMULATORS CAN'T I ADJUST THEM TO STIFFEN THE RIDE.  I THINK THE FRONT END LOOKS BETTER WITH IT IN

they will have no effect on the stiffness of the ride...

I think he meant that if he puts more pressure in them, will it keep the body from rolling side to side. ;)
EXACTLY[/b][/quote]
OK, there will be a noticeable differance in riding comfort anyway if you take it off but i really cant say i care about that myselfe cuz it aint that bad, you notice it most when you take quick turns or drives fast... :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
379 Posts
If your springs are stiff enough It wont sway side to side without using your switches anyway. ;)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top