LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"calling Dr. TravelinLow®...calling Dr. TravelinLow... your patient is waiting to be lowered and modified....."

show me yours..

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Funny you call them operation: this is actually my storage for my tools and supplies. Used to be a dentist storage cabinet. I just finished organizing my fuzzy fur, other drawers got tools, photoetch parts, detail parts, other model building stuff. The bottom 2 are full of larger parts and wire wheels.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yess big poppa..

nice cabinet man.. damn.. thats really serious ordering stuff..

any one else???

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
well i have just the basics

hot glue gun
soldering iron/gun or w/e
dremel
exacto
pliers
needle nose pliers
paint brushes
couple cans of spray paint
tooth picks
bout 40 things or bottle paint
tons of screwdrivers
hammer
tweezers
shit load of felt
rubbing compond
wax
sandpaper
steel wool
a lil bit of styrene
and of course MODEL KITS (bout 9)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm in the process of converting a closet into a peachy little workcenter for models, etc.

this second pic, is what is up above the first. Lots of storage for goodies.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by fabfiveprez@Nov 29 2003, 11:06 AM
a lighter, very useful tool.
they take way too long and end up burning the shit outta your fingers and then they melt and shit.
i got tired of all that B.S. and have been using a mini torch ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YO MAdd... come on man.. just show us a lil of your "tools"

I know you're planning to re organizing your working bench oops sorry I mean.. your Operation table..heheh

please madd

please madd...

heheh

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOL, hey man,you should see what it looks like when you turn around opposite the closet. It's a nice little den. 9' X 9', with a U shaped desk where I got the puter (and right now it's covered with model car, and RC toy type shit. All over the desk, and packed underneath( plus a spare bedroom with shit all over the floor and everywhere lol. That's why I wanted to do the closet thing, to try to get some kind of organization around here !( but I never do) lol But it ought to be pretty nice if I ever complete anything. I'm real bad about that shit. I'm going to add some little glassed in areas, at the back, and sides of the table top, for little tools, or to display some shit maybe. Got quite a few 1/64th rails, and funny cars, and some of those Jesse James bikes, and little shit like that, so I don't know....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 30 2003, 09:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 30 2003, 09:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--fabfiveprez@Nov 29 2003, 11:06 AM
a lighter, very useful tool.
they take way too long and end up burning the shit outta your fingers and then they melt and shit.
i got tired of all that B.S. and have been using a mini torch ;)[/b][/quote]
yer tru , but like for heatin up plastic just enough to bend it , its cool and like use for heatshrink when soldering and stuff and like if i wanna chop out big bits of plastic , ill heat the plastic 1st so its eaiser to cut out and yer i dont smoke lol

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Soggydoggie@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM
....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:
i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 30 2003, 06:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 30 2003, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Soggydoggie@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM
....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:
i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i make my own computers. its cheaper.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Nov 30 2003, 10:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Nov 30 2003, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad [email protected] 30 2003, 06:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Soggydoggie
@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM

i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:
i make my own computers. its cheaper.[/b][/quote]
yeah, i built this one myself piece by piece but you should see it.
for starters it's got 5 80gb hard drives in it if that tells you anything? ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts