LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

SHOW ME YOUR OPERATION TOOLS

1K views 40 replies 18 participants last post by  Patrick 
#1 ·
"calling Dr. TravelinLow®...calling Dr. TravelinLow... your patient is waiting to be lowered and modified....."

show me yours..

See less See more
#4 ·
Funny you call them operation: this is actually my storage for my tools and supplies. Used to be a dentist storage cabinet. I just finished organizing my fuzzy fur, other drawers got tools, photoetch parts, detail parts, other model building stuff. The bottom 2 are full of larger parts and wire wheels.

#6 ·
well i have just the basics

hot glue gun
soldering iron/gun or w/e
dremel
exacto
pliers
needle nose pliers
paint brushes
couple cans of spray paint
tooth picks
bout 40 things or bottle paint
tons of screwdrivers
hammer
tweezers
shit load of felt
rubbing compond
wax
sandpaper
steel wool
a lil bit of styrene
and of course MODEL KITS (bout 9)

#14 ·
YO MAdd... come on man.. just show us a lil of your "tools"

I know you're planning to re organizing your working bench oops sorry I mean.. your Operation table..heheh

please madd

please madd...

heheh

#16 ·
LOL, hey man,you should see what it looks like when you turn around opposite the closet. It's a nice little den. 9' X 9', with a U shaped desk where I got the puter (and right now it's covered with model car, and RC toy type shit. All over the desk, and packed underneath( plus a spare bedroom with shit all over the floor and everywhere lol. That's why I wanted to do the closet thing, to try to get some kind of organization around here !( but I never do) lol But it ought to be pretty nice if I ever complete anything. I'm real bad about that shit. I'm going to add some little glassed in areas, at the back, and sides of the table top, for little tools, or to display some shit maybe. Got quite a few 1/64th rails, and funny cars, and some of those Jesse James bikes, and little shit like that, so I don't know....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:

#17 ·
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 30 2003, 09:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 30 2003, 09:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--fabfiveprez@Nov 29 2003, 11:06 AM
a lighter, very useful tool.
they take way too long and end up burning the shit outta your fingers and then they melt and shit.
i got tired of all that B.S. and have been using a mini torch ;)[/b][/quote]
yer tru , but like for heatin up plastic just enough to bend it , its cool and like use for heatshrink when soldering and stuff and like if i wanna chop out big bits of plastic , ill heat the plastic 1st so its eaiser to cut out and yer i dont smoke lol

#18 ·
Originally posted by Soggydoggie@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM
....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:
i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:

#19 ·
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Nov 30 2003, 06:18 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Nov 30 2003, 06:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Soggydoggie@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM
....I like to do my dremeling right there, instead of the garage, but have been wondering if metal shavings would drift far enough to get sucked into the puter ....... hard drive probably wouldn't like it. :cheesy:
i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i make my own computers. its cheaper.

#20 ·
Originally posted by hopper_ali+Nov 30 2003, 10:34 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hopper_ali @ Nov 30 2003, 10:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -The Mad Modeler@Nov 30 2003, 06:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Soggydoggie
@Nov 30 2003, 02:58 AM

i have a $4000 computer and i sit here and dremel right next to the tower and its got 9 big ass fans pulling air in and out of it :biggrin:
i make my own computers. its cheaper.[/b][/quote]
yeah, i built this one myself piece by piece but you should see it.
for starters it's got 5 80gb hard drives in it if that tells you anything? ;)

#22 ·
Originally posted by scrapin2low@Nov 30 2003, 10:58 AM
seeing is believing, you must have all gold parts on ur comp if you built it ur self mad for that price, lol.
dont forget that i built mine for music & video production too ;)

and i know how much i put into it because i got a new credit card last year right after christmas and it was for $4000 i went and maxed the card out buying the parts to build this and had to finish it off using cash.

and as a matter of fact it does have all gold plated connectors inside and out. along with dolby 6.1 surround

here's a kinda old pic of the tower. it has another burner in it now along with the top one and the DVD tray.
just the tower alone with nothing in it was $280
its black anodized aluminum with the obvious plexiglass inserts and chrome hardware.

then i got all the matching black stuff like the wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, 19" flatscreen monitor ect ect....

#24 ·
LOL, Man, that cracked my ass up, when I read what you said about useing the dremel right next to it LOL. Crazy fuck !!
BTW, that's a tough ass computer homie! So what about the metal shavings and shit? , don't think they would find their way into the drives or anything?... just a thought I had, is all.
I smoke cigs, and I know that shit wreaks havoc on all the ones I've had. Open em up after time, and they are NASTY mutherfukkers!!...I know ! ... it's a nasty fucking habit to begin with!... LOL a computer head buddy of mine told me one time (about the cigarette smoke), " It's like a 747 flyin across your front yard, 2 inches off the ground ! " LOL ...he's a squirrly fuck !

#25 ·
my case has filters on each fan so that helps.

yeah smoking around them is bad too.
but then again i used to sit right at all 3 of my computers and studio equipment and smoke hella weed...... bongs & blunts mostly which is even worse with all that resin. but thats just cause i dont give a fuck :puffin: lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.