LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a shop give me a quote for setting up a new rolling chassis for me. Sounded like it was in line, just looking for some more input:

$700 1991 Fleetwood donor chassis (frame, rear end, a-arms, etc)

$750 Extend uppers, reinforce lowers, fully molded for show chrome, fabricate and reinforce trailing arms, reinforcing rear end and reinstalling on chassis

$3500 Fully wrap frame from nose to tail with 1/4, ground but not molded. Split and reinforced crossmember. Also includes custom fabrication of custom 4 link and remounting of all suspension points to allow the car to use 24''+ cylinders and stand on the bumper.

$2200 Chrome package, includes rear end, upper and lower trailing arms, upper and lower control arms, drive shaft, steering box and all steering linkage.

$750 power coat frame.

$600 for new cylinders, powerballs, springs (front and rear)

In a nutshell, $8500 for a complete, built, chromed and coated show ready street hopping chassis. Price didnt seem to be very cheap, but also not outrageous either. If I am comfortable with the shops ability to do the work I would probably be inclined to put out the money. Opinions anyone? :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
95 Posts
what shop gave u them prices?sounds good 4 the crome work,do u know if they do gold plating aswell?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
damn man that is alot you can buy a junk car for 200 and take the frame and suspinsion off of it and junk the car for 50 and then you will only have 150 in the new frame

700 to buy the frame itself , 3500 for the frame wrap and then another 750 for the suspinsion you will have 4,950 in the frame with out no chrome powdercoating or any thing

i would look around mabe even call some shops out of state because you could just have the shop get a frame do every thing and sell it to you you might have to drive some but i think you can save money in the long run
the 2 shops below come to mind :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,424 Posts
Yeah I am sure you could find a junk car with a good frame and suspension for under $300!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,042 Posts
those prices arent too far off if the shop does really good work, ask to see some pics of previously done cars or something. if they do good work they should have some kind of photo album or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,959 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 21 2003, 03:32 PM
I had a shop give me a quote for setting up a new rolling chassis for me. Sounded like it was in line, just looking for some more input:

$700 1991 Fleetwood donor chassis (frame, rear end, a-arms, etc)

$750 Extend uppers, reinforce lowers, fully molded for show chrome, fabricate and reinforce trailing arms, reinforcing rear end and reinstalling on chassis

$3500 Fully wrap frame from nose to tail with 1/4, ground but not molded. Split and reinforced crossmember. Also includes custom fabrication of custom 4 link and remounting of all suspension points to allow the car to use 24''+ cylinders and stand on the bumper.

$2200 Chrome package, includes rear end, upper and lower trailing arms, upper and lower control arms, drive shaft, steering box and all steering linkage.

$750 power coat frame.

$600 for new cylinders, powerballs, springs (front and rear)

In a nutshell, $8500 for a complete, built, chromed and coated show ready street hopping chassis. Price didnt seem to be very cheap, but also not outrageous either. If I am comfortable with the shops ability to do the work I would probably be inclined to put out the money. Opinions anyone? :biggrin:
if this is what people r paying for shit i am gonna open a shop damn thats alot for some frame work do you get all the left over parts from the cadi that they r cutting up to give u the frame??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,787 Posts
can i get a job with you Cadillac Bob,,or can you donate me some money,,,cause it seems like you always have extra to toss around



my opinion to the estimate,,,i think all those price seem a little high,,,unless their absolute top of the line work, from a VERY established person or shop,,and still some of those numbers are a little high
 

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
prices seem reasonable to me especially if the work is done properly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,358 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Oct 23 2003, 10:15 PM
prices seem reasonable to me especially if the work is done properly
I agree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Bob@Oct 21 2003, 05:32 PM

$750 power coat frame.

holly shit thats expensive!IT COULD BE YOUR AREA GOING RATE TO

here 350 for a candy powder coated frame.



Last edited by juandik at Oct 23 2003, 11:45 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,957 Posts
Originally posted by juandik+Oct 23 2003, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juandik @ Oct 23 2003, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cadillac Bob@Oct 21 2003, 05:32 PM

$750 power coat frame.

holly shit thats expensive!

here 350 for a candy powder coated frame.[/b][/quote]
thats about normal around these parts.





oh yea I forgot to mention another 2 grand for pumps and batts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,872 Posts
THATS WHAT I WAS THINKIN SO EDITED IT AS YOU WERE POSTIN IT LOOKS LIKE
:biggrin:




THE 3500 SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE GETTIN A LOT OF WORK FOR YOUR CASH THOUGH



Last edited by juandik at Oct 23 2003, 11:49 PM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,699 Posts
Originally posted by juandik+Oct 23 2003, 10:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (juandik @ Oct 23 2003, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Cadillac Bob@Oct 21 2003, 05:32 PM

$750 power coat frame.

holly shit thats expensive!IT COULD BE YOUR AREA GOING RATE TO

here 350 for a candy powder coated frame.[/b][/quote]
damn, i thought 500 for a frame powder coated was expensive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
962 Posts
I think thats a little hi 3500 for the frame my paid 3000 for his frame and he dropped a runing car off and picked a running car up fully boxed and molded. fr. bumper 2 bumper....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,037 Posts
Originally posted by JasonJ+Oct 23 2003, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JasonJ @ Oct 23 2003, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--showandgo@Oct 23 2003, 10:15 PM
prices seem reasonable to me especially if the work is done properly
I agree.[/b][/quote]
I also agree
 

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
Joined
·
15,590 Posts
alright then i agree with myself to
 

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
Joined
·
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Oct 24 2003, 09:12 PM
alright then i agree with myself to
And me too.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top