LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i got a 3 pump set up ..

and i was wondering about getting those detrol t handle slow downs ...are they worth it .. any one using them having any probs with them...

i got two old detrols on the rear and the round knob broke off one and the other one broke too ... the one on the front is another brand that came with my chrome showtime comp set up ... but it has a light stamped steel handle ..

i know they would look good in the trunk ...but looks aint always everything ..

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
never really seen a reason to have a performance slow down?....

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Sep 20 2005, 03:37 PM~3851056

Granted some are over kill... That one is a good slowdown.... a lot better than the cheap ones that leak like crazy from some other places that come standard in some kits ;)

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
oops double post

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by ROCKSOLID84@Sep 20 2005, 06:37 PM~3851056

what do ya mean performance slow down ..?
i cant really drop the dough on the colored parker slowdowns ... and wll its irratating to try to adjust my rear slowdowns with pliers ... and well if i get these i dont want to be doing the pliers thing ever again

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 20 2005, 06:43 PM~3851109
oops double post
nice spread in the lowrider mag ! i was flipping thru it and the voice in my head said go back that that one guys car

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Sep 20 2005, 03:46 PM~3851123
what do ya mean performance slow down ..? 
i cant really drop the dough on the colored parker slowdowns ... and wll its irratating to try to adjust my rear slowdowns with pliers ... and well if i get these i dont want to be doing the pliers thing ever again

I thought that my slowdowns were going to be a precise.... LoL I was wrong.. they are the colr band parker ones 1.2 inch... I can even open them more than 1/4 a turn or the car will come crashing down when I dump it...

·
Premium Member
34,391 Posts
Originally posted by ice64berg@Sep 20 2005, 03:48 PM~3851133
nice spread in the lowrider mag !  i was flipping thru it and the voice in my head said go back that that one guys car
Thank you...

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 20 2005, 06:42 PM~3851095
Granted some are over kill... That one is a good slowdown.... a lot better than the cheap ones that leak like crazy from some other places that come standard in some kits ;)

thanks man ... for the money they want i was scared they might have been them kinda slowdowns

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by blueouija@Sep 20 2005, 02:48 PM~3851134
I thought that my slowdowns were going to be a precise.... LoL I was wrong.. they are the colr band parker ones 1.2 inch... I can even open them more than 1/4 a turn or the car will come crashing down when I dump it...
even though i will get kicked in the face for being a dumb ass askin a dumb question.......here goes:
are you sure they are slowdowns and not needle valves? my slowdowns are verry accurate ( parker color bands ) but the needlvalves i barelly turn and its like being wide open. just askin. i have bought a total of 4 slowdowns off layitlow, and i have gottin 4 needle valves.

but being as its you were talkin to, i know that you know your shit, i had to ask.........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts