LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to ask if anyone else is sick of seeing two pump kits in rides, I've owned different rides and never went beyond a 2 pump kit in any of them. But now after doing a 3 pump or 4 pump kit its a different world! You have so many more things you can do. Who else thinks 3 pumps or more is the shit. I mean I know its each persons personal preference what they want to run, but with motors i feel its like batteries, "the more the better". ya know we gotta stay on top of things with all this fast air bag shit! I never want to be shown up by an air ride set up runnin better than my hydros!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Air bags are getting to its peak performance now, dont get me wrong but I think that air bags will never have the same performance as Hydros.I could be wrong but thats just my opinion ;)

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
when i see a setup with 3 or 4 pumps i say wow when i see a 2 pump set up im just like its cool, it seems 2 pumps are for raise lower, side2side, and rolling 3, when i see a 3 pump set up i think it eather hops or dose a bad ass standing 3, 4pump set up its eather really bad ass or some one just has a lot of money

Last edited by droppen98 at Nov 1 2003, 03:26 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 1 2003, 04:05 PM
Air bags are getting to its peak performance now, dont get me wrong but I think that air bags will never have the same performance as Hydros.I could be wrong but thats just my opinion ;)
shit, we havent even hardly started yet...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Nov 1 2003, 03:28 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Nov 1 2003, 03:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Big Baller 82cutlass@Nov 1 2003, 04:05 PM
Air bags are getting to its peak performance now, dont get me wrong but I think that  air bags will never have the same performance as Hydros.I could be wrong but thats just my opinion ;)
shit, we havent even hardly started yet...[/b][/quote]
dans a bag rider

ball bag ;)

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
LOL

ppppppppppppssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

oh shit dan i think u sprang a leak :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Iv've always rolled with 4 pumps, never had 2 pumps (we'll there was this one time while I was going through school that I didn' have any money and I burned 2 motors so I had to improvise because back then my low ride was my only ride) But I have pretty much always rolled with 4 pumps. I love going out there and being top dog on the street and if not top dog, I love being one of the quicker ones and not be clowned. To me air rides are a joke, thats why I roll with 4 pumps to begin with. Like they say "on the streets anything goes", thats the beauty of 4+ pump set ups. ;)

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 1 2003, 05:34 PM
Iv've always rolled with 4 pumps, never had 2 pumps (we'll there was this one time while I was going through school that I didn' have any money and I burned 2 motors so I had to improvise because back then my low ride was my only ride) But I have pretty much always rolled with 4 pumps. I love going out there and being top dog on the street and if not top dog, I love being one of the quicker ones and not be clowned. To me air rides are a joke, thats why I roll with 4 pumps to begin with. Like they say "on the streets anything goes", thats the beauty of 4+ pump set ups. ;)
Air bags a joke :0

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by Big Baller 82cutlass+Nov 1 2003, 03:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Big Baller 82cutlass @ Nov 1 2003, 03:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BROWN SOCIETY CC@Nov 1 2003, 05:34 PM
Iv've always rolled with 4 pumps, never had 2 pumps (we'll there was this one time while I was going through school that I didn' have any money and I burned 2 motors so I had to improvise because back then my low ride was my only ride) But I have pretty much always rolled with 4 pumps.  I love going out there and being top dog on the street and if not top dog, I love being one of the quicker ones and not be clowned. To me air rides are a joke, thats why I roll with 4 pumps to begin with.  Like they say "on the streets anything goes", thats the beauty of 4+ pump set ups. ;)
Air bags a joke :0[/b][/quote]
Actually let me rephrase that, to me air bags belong in newer vehicles such as SUV's or imports. I would NEVER bag an old school lowrider. To me bagging an old school impala (just as an example) and sending out to the mean streets is like throwing a kitten in a yard full of pit bulls, YOU'RE GONNA GET CLOWNED and fools that roll with 4 pumps like me are gonna be waiting in line to get a piece of your bagged ass :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC+Nov 1 2003, 06:53 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BROWN SOCIETY CC @ Nov 1 2003, 06:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Nov 1 2003, 03:49 PM
everyone has an opinion
That's true, bro. Forgot to add......Just my opinion (I'm old school) :biggrin:[/b][/quote]
So am I!I'm Old school that is why I own 1961 Impala that is bagged!Got rid of my last 61 that was juiced to go a different route and loose the maitenence/upkeeping of hydraulics that followed me everywhere I went when I had her.I do miss juice but am nothing but satisfied with my air-ride. :cool:

Go for what you like!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Brown Society c.c. , arent you moco's brother?

Last edited by 216RIDER at Nov 1 2003, 06:01 PM

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Nov 1 2003, 04:00 PM
Brown Society c.c. , arent you moco's brother?
LOL, yeah, yeah yeah, He's heard plenty of my opinions. That's why I guess I'm so opinionated on low rides with bags. His car is actually getting done right now and he's expecting to eat up 2 pumpers I guess. I personally think he'll be competing against our 2-pumped (4 batt) 50 Chevy for the fastest slowest set up title. I wish him luck on his bags and can't wait to make it out to a decent sized show to see him get clowned, but big bro (me) will be there to clean up the mess :biggrin:

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE+Nov 1 2003, 04:00 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SIXONEFORLIFE @ Nov 1 2003, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -BROWN SOCIETY [email protected] 1 2003, 06:53 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Nov 1 2003, 03:49 PM
everyone has an opinion

That's true, bro. Forgot to add......Just my opinion (I'm old school) :biggrin:
So am I!I'm Old school that is why I own 1961 Impala that is bagged!Got rid of my last 61 that was juiced to go a different route and loose the maitenence/upkeeping of hydraulics that followed me everywhere I went when I had her.I do miss juice but am nothing but satisfied with my air-ride. :cool:

Go for what you like![/b][/quote]
Bro, I live by a saying that I was once told by a guy I spoke to when I first started wanting to juice my ride. I told the guy I wanted a kick ass 4 pump set up and had never had a juiced ride before. One of the many things the guy told me about low rides that I never forgot and I live by when It comes to my 4 pump set up is "If you wanna play, you gotta pay". 61's are cool, The only Impala my heart's set on (and I will have) is a 59 but I'm talking about 36-54 Chevys lifted with hydraulics (preferably Pescos) kinda old school. The 77 Bonneville was and is my first ride and has been a dream of mine since childhood. I only plan on building 2 more newer (70's-80's) cars ( a clowner and a hopper) the rest gotta be old school, 36-54 oldschool with an exception to a 59

Last edited by BROWN SOCIETY CC at Nov 1 2003, 04:18 PM

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Two pumps, eight dumps... life is good. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
2 PUMPS 4 DUMPS, THATS ALL I NEED. IF I GET CLOWNED SO WHAT, THE PEOPLE LAUGHING ARE THE ONE'S WITH BUSTED UP CARS AND BROKEN FRAMES. ;) ;)

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by stankin85@Nov 2 2003, 03:10 AM
2 PUMPS 4 DUMPS, THATS ALL I NEED. IF I GET CLOWNED SO WHAT, THE PEOPLE LAUGHING ARE THE ONE'S WITH BUSTED UP CARS AND BROKEN FRAMES. ;) ;)
"gimme 4 pumps and a welder and Imma ride forever"

-Me
:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by BROWN SOCIETY CC+Nov 2 2003, 06:16 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BROWN SOCIETY CC @ Nov 2 2003, 06:16 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--stankin85@Nov 2 2003, 03:10 AM
"gimme 4 pumps and a welder and Imma ride forever"

-Me
:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i've often thought about adding another pump, but that would mean more maintence, more wiring, more problems, and less trunk space. i'll just stick to my 2 pumps for now.... ;)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts