LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking youve all seen at car shows models of cars identical to the real thing right like on the dash or w/e... i was thinking about taking some models to a show a wide verity of old school and new and any one who wanted one for there car i would snap a shit load of pics of it on the digi camra and getting alot of contacts like there email aol s/n home phone cell phone and house # this way i could email them pics of how its going and when its done send it to them or deliver it...has any one tried this before and is so how did it work out

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
i use to do that all the time when i was real big into models..i just recently got started into them again..make sure your real good...because you can make alot bank with them

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool thats what i wanted to hear..did u have any bad experinces? such as making a model and they did want it when it was finnished and how much did u ushally charge any awnsers would be great thanks alot :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
i charged on how detailed they wanted...if you are only person at the show with models..you can make alot more...i only had a couple people not come through with the money..so i just kept it or resold...most time i would just make models of local cars that are always at the shows...then they will normaly approach you...with cash...alot of them will pay anything for it..even if it slightly looked like there ride...i would actauly have to tell alot people no on my personal collection...u can easly make 50 to 250 for the model,and how detailed you you make it...when you take there orders...write everything they want down..so they cant say .."well this isnt how i wanted it" its the ballers you dont have to worry about stiffing you on money...

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
might be a really good idea to get at least half the money in advance so you dont end up stuck with any of them at the end.
but then again getting money in advance from a stranger is a challenge in its own. i know i wouldnt just walk up to you at a car show and go "ok, here ya go man" lol

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Aug 14 2003, 11:09 AM
ya i know what u mean but if they rip me off than i got one for the collection
trust me..if they back out of deal..u can always resell it at the shows..people cant get enough of them

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Aug 14 2003, 10:09 AM
yeah i know man, i was just putting the thought out there for you.

i know some of my models i end up with a couple hundred bucks tied up in them just in material, thats not counting my time involved. i think that is ALOT to get stuck with unless you was wanting it for yourself anyways. lol

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler+Aug 14 2003, 05:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (The Mad Modeler @ Aug 14 2003, 05:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--ryans97s10@Aug 14 2003, 10:09 AM
yeah i know man, i was just putting the thought out there for you.

i know some of my models i end up with a couple hundred bucks tied up in them just in material, thats not counting my time involved. i think that is ALOT to get stuck with unless you was wanting it for yourself anyways. lol[/b][/quote]
theres alot models i regret ever getting rid of..lol....but when your in a pich with cash afer a show..lol...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by ryans97s10@Aug 12 2003, 01:16 PM
i was thinking youve all seen at car shows models of cars identical to the real thing right like on the dash or w/e... i was thinking about taking some models to a show a wide verity of old school and new and any one who wanted one for there car i would snap a shit load of pics of it on the digi camra and getting alot of contacts like there email aol s/n home phone cell phone and house # this way i could email them pics of how its going and when its done send it to them or deliver it...has any one tried this before and is so how did it work out
WELL THEY PROBUBLY WONT BY THEM BECAUSE THEY GOT TO DO THAT SHIPPING AND PAYING CRAP SO WHY DONT YOU SELL THEM THE ONE YOU BRING AND JUST BUILD YOUR SELF A BETTER 1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts