LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
looks good man, i did have a question though that ive been meaning to ask someone, when you drop the truck that low, do you raise the engine, tranny, and drivetrain? and if so, then do you have to raise the part of the cab floor that goes over all that? I get everything else, cutting out the front fenders, notching the rear frame, just that part i dont get...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well this one I was only laying frame, so I just moved the wheels up enough until it laid frame and notched/tubbed for clearance. When you do a body drop you would just section the interior tub. By doing this allows the body to hang below the frame (like a traditional body drop). You could also build thinner frame rails as well to let the assembled body sit lower (stock floor body drop). It really depends on if you have room to section it enough without sacrificing too much of the interior.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heres the project on the bench, RX7 FC by tamiya. Going for a street trimmed drift car with this build. Heres some progress on the cage, still need to do the front hoop and clean it up a little. Fits a little snug in there!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The front end is a downsized version of the silverado grill and headlights. I kinda fell off for awhile been working on my 1:1 cars like crazy lately, but now with this hurricane coming im going to be at the bench for awhile. Oh and you should build your fc tonioseven i always been a fan of your builds would love to see it.

·
Plastic fanatic
6,151 Posts
The front end is a downsized version of the silverado grill and headlights. I kinda fell off for awhile been working on my 1:1 cars like crazy lately, but now with this hurricane coming im going to be at the bench for awhile. Oh and you should build your fc tonioseven i always been a fan of your builds would love to see it.
I'll get started on it this week! and Thank you! :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Some new pics of the RX7. Finished the rest of the cage, but decided the rear section needed to go. Also added a spoiler from a S13 and started a little on the rear bumper, hopefully I can get the shape im going for

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yeah dude, that's lookin good!

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, I love these wheels, been waiting for the right project to use them on for a few years now. Im trying to find some wheels similar to the axis ogs and other "stance" wheels. I saw HLJ had some Kai series wheels that look similar but a lot of them are backordered, any other source for wheel/tire kits like that? Im loving the hobby design wheels they're too expensive for my tastes though

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.