LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I INSTALLED A HYDRAULIC SET UP IN MY 70 IMPALA AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE 2 MOUNT MY SILENOIDS. i DON'T WANT MY SILENOID TO LOOK UGLY AND I DON'T WANT THEM IN A PLACE THAT IS GOING TO BE HARD TO REACH PLEASE HELP WITH SOME IDEAS OR SOME PICTURES. MY SET UP HAS 3 BATTERIES IN EACH SIDE AND I HAVE THE PUMPS IN THE MIDDLE SITTIN SIDEWAYS

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
on top of batts may be a bad idea. we have all see pics were they have caught fire. and could :burn:

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
i put my solenoids on my rack by the batteries so i could get to them easy......

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by I.L.L.@Dec 23 2008, 12:44 PM~12507784
I mounted mine on top of the battery hold down so I coul change them easier.
Where ever you put them. just make sure they are well grounded.

i would only do that if u have a cable comin from the battery rack that goes to the tie downs. the threadalls that most commonly used for the tie downs are zinc... then u got a nut holding ur tiedown to it... not my favorite place to put solenoids in my opinion... i prefer them on the rack

·
Registered
86 Posts
i welded on a piece of L beam to the rack behined the pumps they have a good ground are cinda hidden by the pumps but far enouph not to damage the pump & still acsessable ;)

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
Originally posted by elay_kidd@Dec 23 2008, 01:41 PM~12508614
i welded on a piece of L beam to the rack behined the pumps they have a good ground are cinda hidden by the pumps but far enouph not to damage the pump & still acsessable ;)
just how i did mine.... ;)

·
Registered
13,097 Posts

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
just a lil something to think about. playin with all this voltage, we are using 12v solenoids and 12v motors. yet we are running 36v and up thru these components. inbetween ur batteries and pumps are the solenoids. if u neglect those inexpensive components by not giving them a proper ground then expect expensive damaging results....give ur components the best possbile ground you can get... things last a whole lot longer

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 23 2008, 10:33 PM~12511500
just a lil something to think about.  playin with all this voltage, we are using 12v solenoids and 12v motors.  yet we are running 36v and up thru these components.  inbetween ur batteries and pumps are the solenoids.  if u neglect those inexpensive components by giving them a proper ground then expect expensive damaging results....give ur components the best possbile ground you can get... things last a whole lot longer
ITS TRUE,IVE BURNED ONLY 1 SET OF THREE NOIDS AND THAT WAS ON MY FIRST RIDE ALMOST 10 YEARS AGO......ITS ALL ABOUT GOOD CLEAN TIGHT CONNECTIONS AND GOOD GROUNDS :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts