LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im about to paint a couple cars and i would like to ad silver leaf to it, but i never have dealt with it yet any suggestions on on to lay it on and where i can find some. :cool: :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
think there was a post on here about it. an ebay seller has the 22kt you should use. id stick with white gold , that coming from Angelo who say the silver leaf doesnt work well. if you want, could always try and see first hand how it comes out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
i tried some silverleafing a few days ago for the first time.. i have to say its pretty hard for the first time.... that stuff is sooo thin.
and because its pretty expensive i didnt want to trow some rests away and trie to use it again,, but that sucks bigtime... my experience is to just use one leaf for anything that will fit in that surface and not try to put some rest from that same leaf again.. just take another leaf... that way the result will be much more even and nicer.. it think.
i let the glue dry for 15 min first and then put the leaf on it.. and then let it dry for an hour and then removed the rests...
do you guys do it the same way??

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
**8 iahve a shit load of silver & gold leaf that i hhave waiting for my Impala....... I dont know where to put it all tho...... I will figure it out.. I plan on doing my car in a "DOC" style crossed with the 64 called "TANTILIZER" & some crazy shiggity.... Hope to see you guys next summer. at the car shows.... ;)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
*** I bought a kit from HOK w/ pinstriping paints, brushes , 7 all that stuff....

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
** Im fixin to paint up a new toilet seat that I am going to use at my buddys shop for advertisement ... It will have some leafing on it..I will post pics when done,.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts