LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
16,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i buy a seatback for my bike. How do i install it? Do i have to remove the sissy bar or do i need a sissy bar that is taller to install the seatback to so i can lean back without breaking it.

I'm looking to get some rectangle mirros with clear reflectors. Will be painting the bike over the winter so i want to know if the reflectors come out, if they're paintable, etc.

Also want to get some mufflers but the nuts on the rear axle are only on by a few threads as it is since i have a conti kit and fender braces on there already. Do i need a longer wheel stud?

Also, anyone have any of these for sale?

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
the first one u need a high back sissybar and th coushin slips on it.....

the second one im not positive but id seen pics where the refelctors were changed...so one mirror had a red n a blue one and the other did 2....so there is a way i just never tried it

and third....post a pic of ur bike 2 see the set up......u might b able to drill a new hole in the frame at the end where u can bolt the mufflers on ....it all depends

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
the reflectors do come out. just need to be very carefull with the mirrors.
1) carefully pull the rubber seal around glass.
2)be extremely carefull here,(there's springs under the mirror)push the mirror in and gently work it out from one end.
3)once the mirror is out,the reflectors should come right out.

as far as painting the reflectors,you can,but they won't look the same,(FYI)
when putting them back together,just do the opposite.
when you get to putting the seal back,work it in on one corner and slowly work the rest in.
once you do the first one,the rest should be easier. GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts