LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

thats all the way down and i drag the piss out of it so this isnt any good

im wondering if a flat plate like a roll over plate that use to come with the billow style bags would solve this issue i plan to make some improvements over the winter but i wanna keep riding for the summer so looking for a temp fix suggestion.

anyone got any ideas?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's my idea but it will still rub the plate guess it will be a smoother surface at least

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heres the plan i had this slip clutch lawn mower pulley 2 halfs pretty much the centrifigul force of the engine pulls the sides together to tighten the belt. not the point the point is they are perfect stout and rounded edges

im going to put these on the bottom so thats what the bag will contact when all the way down im also going to cut the top cup down an inch if i can get that much so MAYBE the bag wont collapse so far that it even touches the plate

thats the idea for tomorrow :dunno:

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Yeah thats a problem.I'd think about spacing them up off the axle an like you stated earlier.Like on semi's so the bag rolls over when you drop it down.I'm thinking air lift used to make something like this that you bolted tothe bottom of bag

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thats a problem.I'd think about spacing them up off the axle an like you stated earlier.Like on semi's so the bag rolls over when you drop it down.I'm thinking air lift used to make something like this that you bolted tothe bottom of bag

i had a set of plates off the mazda that i threw away because i wasnt gonna use them but they were for billow style bags i dont want to space them ill lose lay im thinking this "plate" idea combined with cutting the cup down will resolve it

im hoping by cutting the cup down i acheive my lay without having all the air out of the bag which means it wont be fully collapsed and not on the plate i can almost accomplish that now

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Sounds like you've got it figured out.Just trial an error.

Your running shocks out back right?I was just reading around on a few other forums.An there was allot of people talking about limiting on the amount of lift.So you dont over extend em.But for what your doing your only getting like what 4" or so of usable stroke?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like you've got it figured out.Just trial an error.

Your running shocks out back right?I was just reading around on a few other forums.An there was allot of people talking about limiting on the amount of lift.So you dont over extend em.But for what your doing your only getting like what 4" or so of usable stroke?

running gbody shocks and id guess around 6 inches total never measured it

and i dunno if i have it figured out thats why im asking and talking about my plans i hate doing shit twice and this will be twice

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I would think if you added that plate, it will work. The bag seems to be rubbing on the high part of the axle tube.
The old roll plates would be 2 large in diameter. they were for 2B6 &7. A sleeve is only 5" in diameter. any universal lower circle plate will work.
Whats the diameter of that clutch circle?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would think if you added that plate, it will work. The bag seems to be rubbing on the high part of the axle tube.
The old roll plates would be 2 large in diameter. they were for 2B6 &7. A sleeve is only 5" in diameter. any universal lower circle plate will work.
Whats the diameter of that clutch circle?
i didnt measure it but it rides pretty nice on there its still a rub though just a smoother rub i think ultimately the best thing to do is just change them out for billow style bags and be done with it

i hope to grab the 2 that guys selling on here for 80 bucks saturday

·
Registered
380 Posts
i didnt measure it but it rides pretty nice on there its still a rub though just a smoother rub i think ultimately the best thing to do is just change them out for billow style bags and be done with it

i hope to grab the 2 that guys selling on here for 80 bucks saturday

yah i'd go with slam bags if you dont plan to run a bumpstop that keeps the bags in the sweet spot where they dont get fkd up!

slam bags ALL DAY!!!...

called there today to make sure it was the bag i needed and "kevin" answered my questions didnt really need the sarcastic attitude towards running sleeves in the rear but thats what i get for running sleeves i guess price wasnt spectacular but fair enough

happy so far

first time buying

lets see how they stack up shipping wise
^guess i wasnt the 1st guy to try to get you to buying slam specialtys style bags...^

going cheap = buying more shitty parts when you should of saved up to buy the "GOOD QUALITY parts"...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.