LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pic's if your in the 40's or higher..single pump..

O

·
0 Posts
if your doing 40's or high single gate in a cadi you know what your doing!, my caddi is dbl gate, but its not done yet so....

most single gate lacs i know of are hititng high 20's - mid to high 30's

whats yours doing?

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the 30's w/ 6 batts.. but thats gonna change soon..I'm doing a full frame some more batts and a different pump..+lots of chrome..

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by true rider@Dec 28 2003, 07:12 PM
I'm in the 30's w/ 6 batts.. but thats gonna change soon..I'm doing a full frame some more batts and a different pump..+lots of chrome..
id like to see it bro, im doing the same thing"chrome,etc", just dbl gate 14batts

Last edited by Equipped Customs at Dec 29 2003, 04:32 PM

·
Registered
970 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs+Dec 29 2003, 04:31 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Equipped Customs @ Dec 29 2003, 04:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--true rider@Dec 28 2003, 07:12 PM
id like to see it bro, im doing the same thing"chrome,etc", just dbl gate 14batts[/b][/quote]
id like ta see that too..30" on 1 pump 6 batts ,hmm. my caddy is double pumped im hittin high 20's 6 batts at 72v i only have half stack.... :0

·
Registered
970 Posts
im gonna be gettin some pics posted real soon ...im in the middle of a few modifacations to the caddy and soon as i get some headway ill snap a few shots thanx for askin though..ive never been to canada with the caddy butt a couple other cars i had ...u :biggrin: my 81 cutty and my 87 monte ls.. ima be up there this summer.... ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
sup fellas...hittin the low 40's here in an 81 coupe...10 batteries , big steel hi n low block with an 11 gear.. 4 1/2 jammers 8 inch cylinders with a 6 inch ram..presto lite motor with the ground stud on it...#8 hoses with a 3/4 inch check.... and adex dump...and 16's in the ass..im runnin 7 trojans to the nose with motorcraft solenoids...ohh ya ..and i took out the v-6 4100 and threw in a 3.8 v6.. sittin on 13's and 175 / 13 tires tubed inflated to about 70 lbs...i have 16's in the ass ...goin threw some driveline work now gonna put a two piece shaft in soon, and bump him up to a double and another adex and 4 more batteries...hope to have pics soon as soon as i throw in another tranny ....slammed my driveline in the tranny few months ago gettin a lil crazy..on a roll hop ..

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Posted on Dec 30 2003, 01:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------Posted on Dec 30 2003, 01:32 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sup fellas...hittin the low 40's here in an 81 coupe...10 batteries , big steel hi n low block with an 11 gear.. 4 1/2 jammers 8 inch cylinders with a 6 inch ram..presto lite motor with the ground stud on it...#8 hoses with a 3/4 inch check.... and adex dump...and 16's in the ass..im runnin 7 trojans to the nose with motorcraft solenoids...ohh ya ..and i took out the v-6 4100 and threw in a 3.8 v6.. sittin on 13's and 175 / 13 tires tubed inflated to about 70 lbs...i have 16's in the ass ...goin threw some driveline work now gonna put a two piece shaft in soon, and bump him up to a double and another adex and 4 more batteries...hope to have pics soon as soon as i throw in another tranny ....slammed my driveline in the tranny few months ago gettin a lil crazy..on a roll hop ..

thats what I'm talking about it can be done. post some pics of that shit.. do you still use the computer for the 3.8 or is it carboated???

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ElBoogieman@Dec 30 2003, 01:32 AM
why would you need another adex?

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
had a 84, 90'd 2dr. single pump, 6 1300 cca batteries, full stack of 4 1/2's, wrapped frame, no adex. hit 28"

i got pics but i dont know how to post on this forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey whats up fellas...saw the pics ...looks like ya runnin some top notch shit..here is what i would do differently first i would run the batteries along the back ..as far back and as high as you can ...then i would lay the pump down in other words you have it front to back i would lay it down side ways so that the check valve shoots straight out to the front of the car...basically the idea is to not have any 45 or 90 degree angles..let the fluid get to the cylinders without any bends ..you would have to redo the rack and maybe make the front pump mount up n down so that the pump lays side ways ...and then spin the tank around so the fill screw still sits on top....alot of guys just stand up the pump ..but that just eventually shoots oil into your motor...oh ya and then out of the check instead of runnin a tee run a 1/2 y block with the top hole in the center for the slow down then the dump...and the end of the y is where ya want to run two#8 hoses from the trunk to the hood to your front cylinders...dont y it up front all ya get is speed but no power ...pressure but not enough volume...i use hi n low cylinders but any one of the bigger rammed cylinders will do...i'm not sure what springs ya got or how tall they are but looks like they arent to small ...got it bangin very nicely...but runnin this way ..will get ya up faster...i know it seems like like alot to do when you already have the rack in there...but you need the batteries in the back to use the counter wieght to help ya reach the pivot faster...oh ya and i also run a 6 inch ram in my 8 inch cylinder case ..this allows 2 inches of fluid to sit in the cylinder at all times ...makes for a faster hit.....hope to help...got any ? mail me..would be glad to help..

( and the reason i feel i need a nother dump for my other pump is for the 3/4 15 gpm check i will be adding..that would make two ..for one adex..im not wanting a funnel effect on my return ...i think it would affect response time...not to sure still got to guinne pig it...have any ideas bout this..let me know...?)

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ElBoogieman@Dec 31 2003, 06:41 PM
hey whats up fellas...saw the pics ...looks like ya runnin some top notch shit..here is what i would do differently first i would run the batteries along the back ..as far back and as high as you can ...then i would lay the pump down in other words you have it front to back i would lay it down side ways so that the check valve shoots straight out to the front of the car...basically the idea is to not have any 45 or 90 degree angles..let the fluid get to the cylinders without any bends ..you would have to redo the rack and maybe make the front pump mount up n down so that the pump lays side ways ...and then spin the tank around so the fill screw still sits on top....alot of guys just stand up the pump ..but that just eventually shoots oil into your motor...oh ya and then out of the check instead of runnin a tee run a 1/2 y block with the top hole in the center for the slow down then the dump...and the end of the y is where ya want to run two#8 hoses from the trunk to the hood to your front cylinders...dont y it up front all ya get is speed but no power ...pressure but not enough volume...i use hi n low cylinders but any one of the bigger rammed cylinders will do...i'm not sure what springs ya got or how tall they are but looks like they arent to small ...got it bangin very nicely...but runnin this way ..will get ya up faster...i know it seems like like alot to do when you already have the rack in there...but you need the batteries in the back to use the counter wieght to help ya reach the pivot faster...oh ya and i also run a 6 inch ram in my 8 inch cylinder case ..this allows 2 inches of fluid to sit in the cylinder at all times ...makes for a faster hit.....hope to help...got any ? mail me..would be glad to help..

( and the reason i feel i need a nother dump for my other pump is for the 3/4 15 gpm check i will be adding..that would make two ..for one adex..im not wanting a funnel effect on my return ...i think it would affect response time...not to sure still got to guinne pig it...have any ideas bout this..let me know...?)
oh ya and i also run a 6 inch ram in my 8 inch cylinder case ..this allows 2 inches of fluid to sit in the cylinder at all times ...makes for a faster hit....

well srroy to inform you but your wrong, its like this you bleed the air from your system, so there is oil already at the top of your cylinder, there for it will react exactly the same as if you have a 6 inch ram in a 8inch case,

now about the "other dump"

if oyur building a setup for hopping you only want ONE dump weather your running single gate or double gate ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thnx 4 the advice.. the reason my batts are like that was because i wasn't going to buld a hopper. i had them that way in my last caddy
[across the back and my pump was sideways] I also had my dump up front under the hood witch realy does help it creates a cycle instead of the fluid going back and forth + keep it a little cooler..

I just wanted to see what everyone else was doing...

ohh yea I'm doing a full frame right now. because I can't stay away from hopping+ alot of chrome..

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
This is an picture from earlier last summer before i got black shoes... I have a two pump set up, 3 dumps one being a chrome Adex square... 8 Trojan batteries to power my Caddy street sweeper... Not to bad i think it gets up better now thought... Oh there are 4.5 tons in front for those of you who care... But i like my 92 i call it "Black Jack"... I am currently building a 90' "Crimson Tide" which is a off frame resoration w/ 4 pumps...

:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
well im swiching up mysetup again this year, this time to hop, gonna be a single pumper, hoping to hit in the 40s the one thing im really debating is what size coils to run in the front? its gonna have an extra 4 batts (12 in total) 14" cylinders (with the bridge it will be like it has 20s)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts