LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i was wondering if ya'll can help out with a couple of questions.
i recently bought sme 20's for the rear and i was wondering what is the best recommendation for extending the trailing arms, should i run 12 or 14 batteries . some have told me to run 16 but dont knoe need pros help.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by LocoMC85SS@Aug 19 2005, 06:40 AM~3656104
hey i was wondering if ya'll can help out with a couple of questions.
i recently bought sme 20's for the rear and i was wondering what is the best recommendation for extending the trailing arms, should i run 12 or 14 batteries . some have told me to run 16 but dont knoe need pros help.

put about 20 batteries in the trunk and put 10 pumps running to the front and just tell everybody it is single pump

Nah Jk run about 12 batteries and run about 8 to the front theo other 2 for the back and the other to for your 24V switch wire and you should be good and drop your T-A mounts about 4 inches and xtend your top triling arms 3 inchesn and get a teloscopic drive shatft but it would be better to make a whole new 4 link for your rear so you can get maximum lift with those 20s

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Originally posted by LocoMC85SS@Aug 19 2005, 12:27 PM~3657700
DO YALL THINK THE SINGLE PUMP CAN GET THE CAR UP . IM RUNIN 41/2'S UP FRONT AND THE PUMP IS A PISTON
yeah if you know how to hit the switch

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by LocoMC85SS@Aug 19 2005, 07:17 PM~3657314
the car is an 87 crown vic. and yes its a coil over. and the 85 is my soon to be accomplished show car.
Hopping requires more than just a special pump or sertain lenght strokes.
Pumphead needs to match the hoses, fittings, volts, springs, weight and so on.
And most important, experiance on the switch. Start out with a Single Gate on 72 -96 volts, use a #9 head and #6 hoses and 3/8" fittings. Run 3.5 - 4.1/2 ton full stacks and reversed cups up front. Coil over in the rear with 12" cylinders or so... See what that does for you to start out with.

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Cool, hook up your 20" strokes, prolly gonna need to cut the rear deck for that. Drop the rear upper trailing arm mounts on the frame and extend the uppers, or even better, get Pro Hopper adjustables. Run no more than 14 batteries, no need to. I would never run 5 ton springs up front, but if it works for you, that's cool. I'd stick to running 3.5's or 4.1/2's... ;)

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by LocoMC85SS@Aug 20 2005, 05:12 PM~3661876
IM NOT SAYING TO RUN THE UPPERS ALL THE WAY TO THE LOWERS, WHAT IM SAYIN IS TO BUILD SOME NEW MOUNTS ON THE REAR CLOSE TO WHERE THE LOWERS ARE
Ok, you need to drop them somewhere between 3" - 6" to make it work, I know that but I can't say exactly how much because you need to match the drop with the exact right extension of the uppers. Time to do some measuring... :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.