LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by LO_ROLLA@Nov 6 2003, 07:44 AM
any way to lift only front or only back running a single pump setup
Yeah, it can be done. I had a couple of friends that had just the front of their cars juiced

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by LO_ROLLA@Nov 6 2003, 07:44 AM
any way to lift only front or only back running a single pump setup
Yes if you had 4 dumps, 2 locking, and 2 releases it could be done.

Depending on the type of dump and the use for it, it may be cheaper to go double pump for front back.

·
Registered
369 Posts
yes... i is possible.. all you need is normally closed solenoid valves..

you would want to get rid of the free flows...

Last edited by nissanminitrucker at Nov 6 2003, 10:03 AM

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by nissanminitrucker@Nov 6 2003, 09:02 AM
yes... i is possible.. all you need is normally closed solenoid valves..

you would want to get rid of the free flows...
sort of, but you'll need two, like he said, normally closed, or "blocker" dumps to close off either the front or rear, depending on which you are trying to lift. You will also need two regular dumps to let the fluid return to the pump and lower either the front or rear of the car... so you will need 2 dumps for the front and 2 dumps for the rear...

·
Registered
178 Posts
all thats true , but why would you want to only run one pump to your whole car? for all the bullshit your gonna go through you might as well get one more pump. :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by NoseUpIsuzu@Nov 6 2003, 09:45 AM
all thats true , but why would you want to only run one pump to your whole car? for all the bullshit your gonna go through you might as well get one more pump. :cool:
Some people have very little room to work with and aren't interested in getting up fast, they basically just want to be able to drop the car, or truck, to the ground and be able to raise it up to drive... not my thing, but hey... whatever.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 6 2003, 10:43 AM
is it me or does it seem like half of the topics in here are about a single pump for the whole car now...?
CHEAP ASS PEOPLE!!!!

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
YOU CAN DO IT, WITH 4 REGULAR DUMPS AND ONE PUMP. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS UNLESS ITS A CADILLAC WITH A HUGE REAR SWAY BAR, WHEN YOU TURN CORNERS THE FLUID IS GOING TO DISSIPATE FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER AND THE CAR IS GOING TO SINK TO ONE SIDE, AND IT AINT COOL AND ITS UNSAFE.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy@Nov 6 2003, 03:15 PM
YOU CAN DO IT, WITH 4 REGULAR DUMPS AND ONE PUMP. THE ONLY PROBLEM IS UNLESS ITS A CADILLAC WITH A HUGE REAR SWAY BAR, WHEN YOU TURN CORNERS THE FLUID IS GOING TO DISSIPATE FROM ONE SIDE TO THE OTHER AND THE CAR IS GOING TO SINK TO ONE SIDE, AND IT AINT COOL AND ITS UNSAFE.
That's another reason you only see Civics, et al, as single-pumpers. And FYI, like another post said, it's not only because a person is being cheap (although sometimes it is.) People asked me the same thing in '91 when I got 2 pumps with 8 dumps. It ended up costing me more than a 4 pump set-up, but I just didn't want a trunk full of junk; I just wanted half-a trunk full of junk. :)

But hey, nothing against 8-pumpers or single pumpers. Just like every other hobby in the world, some people love their bored-over 350, and some have to have a blown-426-Hemi. Is either one of those guys cheap... I think not. :eek:)

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
OR USE A 4WAY , OR 8WAY MANIFOLD...4WAY IS FRONT AND BACK
USE WITH NO SIDE ACTION...8WAY WILL GIVE YOU F,B,S,S, AND
DO IT LIKE A 4 PUMP WITH OUT THE SPEED....OR PROBLEMS...
8WAY MANIFOLDS GET EXSPENSIVE, AROUND 500.00....I HELPED IN THE DESIGN OF ONE BACK IN 95 WITH ZEMARC ....AND IT WORKED GREAT FOR YEARS,BUT IT WAS DOUBLE PUMPED ,AND I COULD TURN
ONE PUMP ON OR OFF....THE SIDES THROW GREAT,BECAUSE IT USED RETURNING OIL FROM THE DUMP SIDE AND ACTED LIKE AN ACCUMULATOR,FORCING IT INTO THE PRESSURE SIDE FLOW... :biggrin:

·
Registered
369 Posts
Originally posted by ogcaddy@Nov 6 2003, 01:15 PM
this is false.... it depends on how u plumb it up.. it you run 4 free flow valves.. with a check valve for each one.. the fluid wont be able to '' dissipate '' ..... but this is a good point..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts