LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
whats the point of using single stage if youre going to clear it anyway, lol.

looks like you sprayed it too thin/ dry. A nice wet coat would have dried with a nice gloss to it. Assuming the right reducing agent was used.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 19 2007, 04:38 PM~8826995

looks like you sprayed it too thin/ dry.  A nice wet coat would have dried with a nice gloss to it.  Assuming the right reducing agent was used.
Didnt plan on clearing it I said he wants green pearl added now. I layed it wet and I had the reducer it came with when I orderd it. I also tried some wet look hardner cause I thought it was laying dull.

All that shit is irrelavent :biggrin: I need an answer to my question not a bunch of beat down comments

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by 3wheelKing@Sep 19 2007, 07:40 PM~8827017
Didnt plan on clearing it I said he wants green pearl added now. I layed it wet and I had the reducer it came with when I orderd it. I also tried some wet look hardner cause I thought it was laying dull.

All that shit is irrelavent :biggrin:  I need an answer to my question not a bunch of beat down comments

I try to mix in a few helpful comments with my verbal beatdowns :biggrin:

wetsand with 600. try to get most of the peel out but dont kill yourself over it. Then just spray and colorsand the clear like normal. :cool:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 19 2007, 05:00 PM~8827157
I try to mix in a few helpful comments with my verbal beatdowns  :biggrin:

wetsand with 600.  try to get most of the peel out but dont kill yourself over it.  Then just spray and colorsand the clear like normal.  :cool:
lmao... :cool:
So just wetsand 600 and clear?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Dr Caqui@Sep 19 2007, 05:25 PM~8827328
I shoot SS black even if im clearing.  I would do a cople of coats of clear wet sand with 800-1000 shoot a dry coat of clear to get it tacky, a couple of medium coats with the green pearl.  a couple of medium coats of clear.  Reduce the clear a lil more than before and shoot one wet one
Im no stranger to painting, I just have never shot ss. I just was'nt sure if I should color sand then clear or color sand reshoot then clear.

Thanks for your help though homie

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by impala_631@Sep 19 2007, 06:59 PM~8828078
damm i would just knock it all down and respray it, heres my girls old car that was just ss with no wet sand/ buff, nice and shinny :cheesy:

looks good.....I dont know why in the hell it looks so shitty but im gonna go ahead and clear it so I dont end up wetsanding reshooting then wetsanding and clearing anyways.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
wetsand with 600-800 then shoot your pearl in intercoat, then hammer on some clear, next time you shoot SS, lay it down WET!!!!! and use SLOW reducer that shit dont run, also i lay down 3 coats usually, first one is tack coat, wait 5-10 mins, 2 and 3 are super wet with no flash between, just go around that mofo back to back!!

and IMPALA_631, finish polishing that air tank damn it!!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 19 2007, 07:31 PM~8828342
wetsand with 600-800 then shoot your pearl in intercoat, then hammer on some clear, next time you shoot SS, lay it down WET!!!!! and use SLOW reducer that shit dont run, also i lay down 3 coats usually, first one is tack coat, wait 5-10 mins, 2 and 3 are super wet with no flash between, just go around that mofo back to back!!

I swear I did lay it wet...as wet as I could without havin to worry about runs. My reducer was medium, I had good ventilation, I think I'll stick to bc/cc from now on.

·
do it in a datsun!!
14,491 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Sep 19 2007, 10:31 PM~8828342

;)

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by 3wheelKing+Sep 19 2007, 07:38 PM~8828380-->
I swear I did lay it wet...as wet as I could without havin to worry about runs. My reducer was medium, I had good ventilation, I think I'll stick to bc/cc from now on.
[/b]
dude, seriously SS for solid colors is easy as pie to spray, WAY easier than bc/cc, what brand did you use, i'm sorry, but those pics just look horrible, it looks dull as fuck, sorry it just does, its so bad i would really think you might have had bad hardner possibly????

<!--QuoteBegin-impala_631
@Sep 19 2007, 07:48 PM~8828464
;)

nice, just playin with you, i seen you posted that pic a few times, and i was alwasy wanting to say soemthing how it wasn't fully polished yet, down by the brackets and shit.

·
HOME BREWED, NO HELP
15,756 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Sep 19 2007, 04:38 PM~8826995

looks like you sprayed it too thin/ dry.  A nice wet coat would have dried with a nice gloss to it.  Assuming the right reducing agent was used.
black is blacker in ss.... ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts