LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use this glue called HV-350 from Valco Cincinnati Inc. It is in a 3.35 ounce tube and is clear/opaque color. It is flexible when cured and has a grip like epoxy. It is perfect for seam sealer, it can be painted it works on anything except styrofoam and teflon. It does work on glass and concrete as well...
It kind of reminds me of silicone....But it is more firm and in comparison, the silicone has 10psi of peel strength where HV-350 has 75psi of peel strength....The HV-350 can be thinned with laquer thinner also and brushed on.

It is cheapest to buy by the case of twelve and is available at 1-800-788-3865 ask for Paula ext. 409 or at www.valco-cp.com

You can use this glue to fix dash parts, Glue vinyl to wood or carpet or weatherstripping....I am trying to get the company to sell caulking gun cartridges of it also. Its really awesome stuff and It has never let me down yet.

I used it to glue a piece of seat belt webbing for a experiment I looped the material through two hooks and glued it to itself...I weigh 315 pounds and I could hang from it without it coming apart! So if you are needing something like this definately check it out!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM answered,

The product is very good for any automotive/motorcycle/ or even some industrial uses.

Mid-USA Motorcycle parts sells it to Custom bike builders for the big Tire Harleys that have strutless rear fenders.....They glue the tailight wiring and other items to the inside of the fender by "bedding" the wires in the glue then painting over the top of it. The result is not having to run wires through gutters or exposed and the wires are protected from moisture and just a suttle "bump" on the underside of the fender that is mostly un-noticed....That is just one use....I fixed sportbike fairings with it by bedding wire into it to span cracks.
You can glue carpet to door panels with it. I put the weatherstripping in my cars with it also. It doesnt draw moisture and it remains somewhat flexible hence the name "HV-350"= High Vibration resistent, 350 degrees temperature stable, It makes a great seam sealer...I even used it when I made a custom airbox for my motorcycle to join parts of it together....Still holding strong and that was made years ago.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spam? What you mean?

I'm building a 74' Monte right now and I do Polishing for Mr.Hardline of the Westside Lowriders...I aint on here just trying to sell stuff. I am here because I am a builder, fabricator that happens to work for a Chemical company that has good stuff that not many people know about it.
Look up Valco Cincinnati Consumer Products Inc. on the web and see who all sells our stuff....We are still a small company...FYI this little bit of promotion of the products also gets me some computer time on here legit and keeps me from getting in trouble with my bosses.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! Glad to hear you like it.

We got about 150 products that all work excellant, Our Metal polish and the Speedwax, bodywax are my personal favorites.
I use the Hv-350 alot and we have a aluminum silicone that is pretty killer for use under the hood....My cars dont leak after I work on them.

I spent most of the weekend doing car stuff, I had a local chapter meeting with my Pontiac club...I spent about 8 hours working on bodywork for my 74 Monte yesterday...I'm paintin it black so it has to be straight. My hands are killin me today from all that welding/grinding/sanding.
I wish I had a bigger compressor...My D&A runs it down quick.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
we got another product that I been using alot in the garage lately, Its called Gellube, It is a aerosol engine assebly lubricant/penetrant that is also awesome for drilling and tapping, door hinges, suspension assembly, window cranks & regulators etc. It never dries up, it doesnt get thicker in cold weather, its di-electric so you can use it on trailer light plugs, spark plug wires, etc. I sprayed the window cranks on my 69' Pontiac and the rear quarter windows no longer give me any trouble rolling up or down, it also makes the door locks and hinges work like butter....If your doing interior work these little touches really matter to a customer...If they pick up their car and not only does the interior look trick- The doors no longer squeak, the windows run smooth as does the keys in the locks and more....It is a great finishing touch. Like I said it never dries out unlike grease/oil/wd-40 etc. so you only need to spray it once or twice to make it nice for a really long time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts