LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i am so freakin confused here i want to get my low low painted soon but at the shop they started telling bout a single stage or secoundery stage wuts the difference? and do any make a difference is it worth it and how much would i be spending?

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
single stage is color only for topcoat. bacecoat-clearcoat is a dull color with a glossy clear over it. anything called a multistage or 3 stage job, will have metalics, transparent candy coats,etc.

You need to figure out exactly what you want. If the shop is so bad that you have to come on the internet to ask questions instead of having them explain it to you, I would not trust them with my car

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 27 2010, 06:29 PM~16432311
single stage is color only for topcoat. bacecoat-clearcoat is a dull color with a glossy clear over it. anything called a multistage or 3 stage job, will have metalics, transparent candy coats,etc.

You need to figure out exactly what you want. If the shop is so bad that you have to come on the internet to ask questions instead of having them explain it to you, I would not trust them with my car

exactly what he said if they couldnt explain it to you then they have no clue either

185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yo thanks for the info cus when i went in he jus looked at my car n said 900 for single satage but i said wut would be a 1400 dollar job n he said also stage one but stage two would run you about 1800 then i said but you said a single stage wuz 900 wuts the deal then he started telling me bout the colors n showing me cars i wus like cool i will consider it thats why im in here askin this wut would be a good question to ask to any shop to know if they are leggit?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So what if u 1 base 2 pearl/flake 3 clear that would be a 3 stage right?

·
Registered
187 Posts
:) :biggrin: good lookn out

·
Mr. Paid
5,602 Posts
Originally posted by thug_till_i_die@Jan 27 2010, 10:53 PM~16436394
since you work at a shop wut would you charge for every stage and do all shops go by stages
It's totally different material for a single stage, we dont even do them. The 3 stage just enhances the 2 stage paint job though and that does cost extra, but not much. Most of the cost is gonna be in the body work and prep.

185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Lord Duez@Jan 28 2010, 07:51 AM~16438410
It's totally different material for a single stage, we dont even do them. The 3 stage just enhances the 2 stage paint job though and that does cost extra, but not much. Most of the cost is gonna be in the body work and prep.

ohhhhh ok i gets ya now thanks for the info. when i gets the paint done and ask for flake wut would be a good size and how much more will it run me

·
Registered
30 Posts
Originally posted by thug_till_i_die+Jan 27 2010, 06:12 PM~16432796-->
yo thanks for the info cus when i went in he jus looked at my car n said 900 for single satage but i said wut would be a 1400 dollar job n he said also stage one but stage two would run you about 1800 then i said but you said a single stage wuz 900 wuts the deal then he started telling me bout the colors n showing me cars i wus like cool i will consider it thats why im in here askin this wut would be a good question to ask to any shop to know if they are leggit?
[/b]
just say. what? ALOT or untill you understand

<!--QuoteBegin-thug_till_i_die
@Jan 27 2010, 10:53 PM~16436394
since you work at a shop wut would you charge for every stage and do all shops go by stages
:wow:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts