1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by Just2dvs@Dec 3 2003, 07:22 PM
Just want to check them out before I decide on Zenith or Daytons

DVS
i think roadster makes zenith now
i know when zenith were they own company they made good ass rims but don't know now if there quality is still that good.

i would do with daytons man and im not saying that just because i roll them.
there quality is un match and they offer the three year warranty.
i don't think zenith offers a three year warranty on the finish of there rims.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Dec 4 2003, 02:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Dec 4 2003, 02:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><[email protected]@Dec 4 2003, 06:14 PM
I remember Mclean buying Zenith in the mid 90s ;)
damn i thought it was roadster
:dunno:[/b][/quote]
check out a Scrape Magazine from 96 or so ;)

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]+Dec 4 2003, 06:16 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ([email protected] @ Dec 4 2003, 06:16 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 4 2003, 02:15 PM
<[email protected]
@Dec 4 2003, 06:14 PM
I remember Mclean buying Zenith in the mid 90s ;)

damn i thought it was roadster
:dunno:
check out a Scrape Magazine from 96 or so ;)[/b][/quote]
can't do that man they don't sell that magazine in my area :(

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Now check this out, I was intrigued by the topic, so I decided to investigate the rumour about the Zenith Wire Wheel company.

I personally JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE with the ONLY OWNER of the Zenith wire wheel company. I told him about what was being said concerning his shop being sold to Roadster or Mc Cleans and asked him to verify whether it was true or not.

I asked, " Sir, I have heard a rumor, and saw the question asked on a Lowrider website about Zenith wire wheels being bought by either Roadster or Mc Cleans wheels, is this true?"

He gave me a very simple answer NO.

He then told me that, " yes I think I almost made a mistake, because I was gonna sell the company, but the guy that was gonna buy ended up going bankcrupt before the deal went thru. I have owned this company for 36 years, and I am the same guy you bought your rims from way back when" ( I told him I owned a pair of Zeniths back in the late 70's which I did :biggrin: )

He then told me that he doesnt like people calling him up on the phone and askin him questions like this, so he didnt want to talk about it anymore, BUT that if I was willing to come down to his shop he would like to talk to me face to face. He says he will talk to me more about it face to face because he had been getting some very harrasing phone calls about stuff like that and thats why he doesnt want to talk about it on the phone.

Zenith Wire wheels is very local to me so I will more than likely go by the shop and reintroduce myself to him nd talk to him about the rumor and check out his rims and shit and check on his warranty info and all that. I will also try and get him to talk to me about his plating process for chrome and gold and just learn alot about whats going on.

For those of you that know me, you know I am not about the bullshit and this is straight from the owner himself, who still works at the shop.

So if you guys are intrested I will post the results of what I find out from him next week. If not, fuck it, I will just keep the info to myself for the future.

·
Registered
25,987 Posts
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle@Dec 4 2003, 07:00 PM
Now check this out, I was intrigued by the topic, so I decided to investigate the rumour about the Zenith Wire Wheel company.

I personally JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE with the ONLY OWNER of the Zenith wire wheel company. I told him about what was being said concerning his shop being sold to Roadster or Mc Cleans and asked him to verify whether it was true or not.

I asked, " Sir, I have heard a rumor, and saw the question asked on a Lowrider website about Zenith wire wheels being bought by either Roadster or Mc Cleans wheels, is this true?"

He then told me that, " yes I think I almost made a mistake, because I was gonna sell the company, but the guy that was gonna buy ended up going bankcrupt before the deal went thru. I have owned this company for 36 years, and I am the same guy you bought your rims from way back when" ( I told him I owned a pair of Zeniths back in the late 70's which I did :biggrin: )

He then told me that he doesnt like people calling him up on the phone and askin him questions like this, so he didnt want to talk about it anymore, BUT that if I was willing to come down to his shop he would like to talk to me face to face. He says he will talk to me more about it face to face because he had been getting some very harrasing phone calls about stuff like that and thats why he doesnt want to talk about it on the phone.

Zenith Wire wheels is very local to me so I will more than likely go by the shop and reintroduce myself to him nd talk to him about the rumor and check out his rims and shit and check on his warranty info and all that. I will also try and get him to talk to me about his plating process for chrome and gold and just learn alot about whats going on.

For those of you that know me, you know I am not about the bullshit and this is straight from the owner himself, who still works at the shop.

So if you guys are intrested I will post the results of what I find out from him next week. If not, fuck it, I will just keep the info to myself for the future.
damn this is getting interesting, because own of my homies used too have some zeniths and the boxes they came in clearly said

Roadster/zenith wires

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by Top_Dog_Calistyle@Dec 4 2003, 05:00 PM

Hey bro are they still in Campbell over on Hamilton? I'm from Gilroy and went there once with my cousin who used to roll Zenith.

DVS

·
Registered
6,749 Posts
Scrape Magazine, May 1997

"Frank Guccione of Alpha-Mclean Corp clinches the deal with Jim Craig of Zenith Wire Wheel Company to purchase the Jim's company, one of the formost, top-of-the-line wire wheel manufacturers in the world"

Also has a picture of the two shaking hands, this took place at the SEMA show in 1996

When I get back home I will scan the page and show you guys what is in the mag
:biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts