still needs paint work flock one seat and washing

Last edited by joebomber52 at Oct 1 2003, 01:55 PM

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 2 2003, 02:12 AM
Great modelcar!!
2 Questions:
Blackwashing the grill what to use? I tried flat black Tamiya paint but it scratches the chrome too much...
If you want to use the photo-etch kit it means that you have to dremel out the inside of the grill?
The sell blackwash premixed. never tried it though. i just use some flat black and thin it way down so it flows to the low spots.

I've only used one grill. and i didn't dremel out the original. i just painted it flat black. It goes right where the old one went. but i guess you could cut it out if you want

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Oct 2 2003, 01:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Oct 2 2003, 01:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jevries@Oct 2 2003, 02:12 AM
Great modelcar!!
2 Questions:
Blackwashing the grill what to use? I tried flat black Tamiya paint but it scratches the chrome too much...
If you want to use the photo-etch kit it means that you have to dremel out the inside of the grill?
The sell blackwash premixed. never tried it though. i just use some flat black and thin it way down so it flows to the low spots.

I've only used one grill. and i didn't dremel out the original. i just painted it flat black. It goes right where the old one went. but i guess you could cut it out if you want[/b][/quote]
don't use the detail wash stuff , after awhile it comes off.

I am wondering what the point of doing a photoetched grill is if you don't remove the kit pieces, the whole point is to get a realistic looking grill that you can see though, so in my opinion if you don't modifiy the kit piece you have just wasted $15 or so

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by dag65+Oct 2 2003, 03:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dag65 @ Oct 2 2003, 03:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2003, 01:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--jevries
@Oct 2 2003, 02:12 AM
Great modelcar!!
2 Questions:

I've only used one grill. and i didn't dremel out the original. i just painted it flat black. It goes right where the old one went. but i guess you could cut it out if you want

I am wondering what the point of doing a photoetched grill is if you don't remove the kit pieces, the whole point is to get a realistic looking grill that you can see though, so in my opinion if you don't modifiy the kit piece you have just wasted $15 or so[/b][/quote]
in my case, it was on the silverado kit, and the gill is all one piece with the trim and bumper. plus if i cut out the original grill, i wouldn't have had anything to glue the photoetched to. i'll take a pic later, you can't even tell

·
Registered
743 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd+Oct 2 2003, 01:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (1ofaknd @ Oct 2 2003, 01:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 2 2003, 01:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--jevries
@Oct 2 2003, 02:12 AM
Great modelcar!!
2 Questions:

I am wondering what the point of doing a photoetched grill is if you don't remove the kit pieces, the whole point is to get a realistic looking grill that you can see though, so in my opinion if you don't modifiy the kit piece you have just wasted $15 or so
in my case, it was on the silverado kit, and the gill is all one piece with the trim and bumper. plus if i cut out the original grill, i wouldn't have had anything to glue the photoetched to. i'll take a pic later, you can't even tell[/b][/quote]
Next time try making some little tabs to attach it to, I know what you are saying I ran into that on a 67 Impala. I like to cut away all the excess so you can see the radiator through it

1 - 20 of 22 Posts