LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 348 Posts

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, lets start from the beginning... i wouldn't have this car if a certain series of events never happened... i used to have a 97 Towncar & that was my baby... i LOVED that car... it was the 1st car i bought when i came in the military back in 2001. it took me a while but i eventually hooked it up (link in my signature will take you to the towncar's built up) well in 2010 on easter, i went down to San Angelo Texas... well the night before we (couple car clubs) got pretty liquored up and thought it would be a good idea to go hit some switches... well i drove fine but caught some gravel on a 3 wheel and it pulled me right into a pole... well, cuz of the year of the car, the insurance totaled her out... well, i was vehicle-less for about 2 weeks, then i found a short-wide gmc to get me around for a little bit...

i did small stuff to the truck but the important thing is that it ran bad ass, turn key... well as some of you might remember one of LIL's own member was selling this 67 for a while... so a few pms and info exchanging later we agreed to trade my truck for this 67, and my real story begins here...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
at the same time i already had this truck, it was my daily while i had found this lincoln (it took me 1 weekend to throw everything in) cuz the rack and everything fit right in...

and the bottom pic is when when we were on our way to do the trade off...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is the first time i saw it in person... and even though it was on a flatbed and i really knew nothing about it, i was all smiles...

here she is all loaded up and ready to come home...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but 1 month after i got the car, i deployed and was gone for 7 months... so i didnt get to do shit to the car... but the good thing aout being bored and with some cash to spare is that i ordered myself a bunch of goodies...

as soon as i got back i wanted to start on the car, but i had to take family trips and all that type of stuff... so, once all that was out of the way, i brought the car home (cuz i moved on base and the car was in storage) so i could have it in the garage and that would motivate me to work on it...

so i did, i brought her home...

·
Registered
561 Posts
but 1 month after i got the car, i deployed and was gone for 7 months... so i didnt get to do shit to the car... but the good thing aout being bored and with some cash to spare is that i ordered myself a bunch of goodies...

as soon as i got back i wanted to start on the car, but i had to take family trips and all that type of stuff... so, once all that was out of the way, i brought the car home (cuz i moved on base and the car was in storage) so i could have it in the garage and that would motivate me to work on it...

so i did, i brought her home...

Wht r the plans for it?

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wht r the plans for it?
what i see is: jet black with very subtle red pin-stripe (to match the interior), red interior, supremes, 5.20's, 2 pump 4 maybe 6 battery set up, hard lines, 4 6X9's across the back, color bar, hide the deck, get a 66 steering wheel (i know ill get shit for that one) 62 antennas, 62 emblems (i like the script), change the exhaust (cuz this hot rod set up is loud and annoying), get caprice corner lamps, bumper guards, just a clean old school style street cruiser...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so everything with the brakes is going good until i snapped the rear line trying to get the original line disconnected from the part that goes through the frame, but its all good (first learning experience) i bought all the required equipment and went to town making a new line...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so once it was running and i got the brakes bled (which took a long as time considering everything was off at once) it was time to replace the loud annoying pipes... this was long tube headers with straight pipes, bitch was super loud...!!!

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so i threw some flat black on it for now so i could roll it and drove it to my first place off base, the muffler shop...

once it was done, i drove it to my favorite store PEP BOYS (you can see the pipes out back now) i had long glass packs installed, its not too loud unless i really get on her...

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so i was driving with my blanket on the front seat, i didnt care... i was cruising my impala (feels good just to say that) and you best believe i had a cheesy ass smile on my face...

so i had to atleast install a deck to roll with, so i got to work...

i threw the color bar in, while i was at it...

1 - 20 of 348 Posts