LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Depends on the application

What they going in?

Usually you want as tall of a bag as you can fit in the rear and as big of a bag you can get in the front but...depending on the application you can only lock up so high till your suspension cant travel any more.Well unless you did a spinal swap and extended arms

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I RAN RE7 ALL THE WAY AROUND DUE TO LACK OF SPACE ON MY 03 GRAND MARQUIS
I WISH I WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO RUN RE8 ON THE FRONT THOUGH :(

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since my car is heavy as hell up front would it be more practical to go with RE-8s up front? Would the difference in psi and size of bags make a crappy ride? Basically what I'm asking is should I go RE 8's all around or which ones should I mix match?

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@Jan 18 2010, 11:26 AM~16325764
Since my car is heavy as hell up front would it be more practical to go with RE-8s up front? Would the difference in psi and size of bags make a crappy ride? Basically what I'm asking is should I go RE 8's all around or which ones should I mix match?
Bigger the bag=less psi it takes to lift and you'll get a smoother ride.So yeah if you can get it in there go for it

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 18 2010, 11:10 AM~16326144
Bigger the bag=less psi it takes to lift and you'll get a smoother ride.So yeah if you can get it in there go for it

I would have to agree

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Originally posted by baggedout81@Jan 18 2010, 01:10 PM~16326144
thats true, but you need more air (volume) to get the lift. I would try to fit 8's if i was you, but if its just too damn close, I think youll be fine with 7s

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Originally posted by Fine59Bel@Jan 18 2010, 05:58 PM~16329585
thats true, but you need more air (volume) to get the lift. I would try to fit 8's if i was you, but if its just too damn close, I think youll be fine with 7s
I remember talkin to a member on here by the name of SWIPH.He used to have a mini truck cant remember what it was off hand but he had like a 2800 firestone in it.He said that fucker would lift at 20 psi.To bad he's taking a vacation for awhile :(

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@Jan 18 2010, 08:05 AM~16324611
When is the mixing of these bags appropriate?
different size bags is always the case when dealing with what fits/you can make fit on any vehicle. Mixing isn't really a question for it, to truly mix bags is when either you use different company brands, or different pressure rated bags (ex1. firestone 2600 bags up front, Slam RE7's rear; ex2. Slam RE7's up front Slam XS7 in the rear). Since both bags are RE, it doesn't matter that you mix and match sizes, they will both do 200 psi max.

Your question should have been about which size will fit/should you use for said vehicle.

- having an 8" bag isn't much different from having a 7" in the back. Since it doesn't really weight as much as the front does, your basically putting a little more excess where it's not needed. If you can get an 8" bag up front, you will notice more of a difference in the ride because that 8" bag is taking up where the 7" can't due to the weight of the engine. imo.

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by slickpanther@Jan 18 2010, 11:26 AM~16325764
if you can get 8" bags all around the better, if you can't, then it is what it is unless your down to mod for the bag to fit.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by foey@Jan 19 2010, 09:55 AM~16338008
different size bags is always the case when dealing with what fits/you can make fit on any vehicle. Mixing isn't really a question for it, to truly mix bags is when either you use different company brands, or different pressure rated bags (ex1. firestone 2600 bags up front, Slam RE7's rear; ex2. Slam RE7's up front Slam XS7 in the rear). Since both bags are RE, it doesn't matter that you mix and match sizes, they will both do 200 psi max.

Your question should have been about which size will fit/should you use for said vehicle.
- having an 8" bag isn't much different from having a 7" in the back. Since it doesn't really weight as much as the front does, your basically putting a little more excess where it's not needed. If you can get an 8" bag up front, you will notice more of a difference in the ride because that 8" bag is taking up where the 7" can't due to the weight of the engine. imo.

that's a really good point!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts