LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if i put a sliding rag in my fleet a 40x40 i only have a little bit of reinforcments and i bust a 3 will my car turn into a taco or will i be ok

·
Registered
857 Posts
i have seen cars have no problem then i have also seen some fold up on the first hit. its better to do more renforcement (wraped frame) then to take a chance

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont have the funds to do a full wrap but ive been doing a little bit at a time when ever i can the dude is gonna sell me the top and install it for 150 bucks

·
LFDY Graffix
5,137 Posts
I'd reinforce the car. the rag will crack like AndrewH's in the corners when you 3 it.
I gusseted the corners on my brother's ragtop frame, just haven't gotten a chance to abuse it to see if it holds.

·
Phoenix Chapter President
6,456 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Mar 17 2010, 06:19 PM~16920538
i dont have the funds to do a full wrap but ive been doing a little bit at a time when ever i can  the dude is gonna sell me the top and install it for 150 bucks
get it installed and hold off on any 3 wheel'n till you can wrap the rest of the frame......

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Mar 17 2010, 07:04 PM~16920378
if i put a sliding rag in my fleet a 40x40 i only have a little bit of reinforcments  and i bust a 3 will my car turn into a taco or will i be ok
wrap the frame before u get flexing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts