LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess- I'm more from the muscle car world than lowriders, so don't flame me right away as troll :biggrin: . I'm seriously considering one of these in my car and the lowrider/minitruck world seems much more familiar with them..Of the ones most commonly associated with StreetBeatCustoms, what is the quality like these days? Around 2006 they were getting tore up the forums about a bad latch design, but they claim this has been fixed. Anyone on here have any recent problems with their sliding ragtop? Thanks..

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
:run:

·
Registered
281 Posts
i had one on one of my trucks before (non lowrider) and it fucking sucked. the motherfucker leaked anytime i washed it or when it rained. fuck them, go with a different alternative.

by the way. a few years ago, street beat said that they had bought all the parts that the og owner had in stoke. they were running out of parts about 3 years ago.

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
they are junk. I love the idea, and have a 6 footer in my blazer, but I wont lie, they are absolute garbage. The ones used in factory cars over the decades ( Britax, ,Inafala, Sunway, Golde, Weathershield) are legit, the 'street beat' type: pure trash.

They recently switches hands again,maybe they will produce something worth having.

Mine wont latch (broke the latch handle off trying) is all chipped up, is torn in the corners (scratched the paint) and wouldnt seal out a drop of water even if I could close it.

·
Banned
6,036 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Feb 3 2010, 04:08 PM~16501823
they are junk. I love the idea, and have a 6 footer in my blazer, but I wont lie, they are absolute garbage. The ones used in factory cars over the decades ( Britax, ,Inafala, Sunway, Golde, Weathershield) are legit, the 'street beat' type: pure trash.

They recently switches hands again,maybe they will produce something worth having.

Mine wont latch (broke the latch handle off trying) is all chipped up, is torn in the corners (scratched the paint) and wouldnt seal out a drop of water even if I could close it.
Damn. Guess I betta get the moon roof.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Would look nice if it didnt have 5 folds, and minus the wind thing at the front. Seems there could be a market for quality rag roofs if the company wanted to take the leap

·
Registered
237 Posts
I can't beleive there isn't a bigger market for sliding rags. To me, they look awesome, you get more total opening vs. Size, they're just plain awesome, but as far as I know, there are NO aftermarket options(other than streetbeat which we all agree is trash)

·
GOFUCKURSELF
16,534 Posts
I have a webasto, electric sliding ragtop......10 years, no problems, no leaks......

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Originally posted by FloridaLowrider@Jan 29 2010, 12:15 PM~16451902
I like muscle cars also, but the world of lowriders is something you should explore
AGREED

1 - 20 of 23 Posts