LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about doing a sliding ragtop in my ext cab c-1500 this winter, untill i check the prices. $500-600 is alot of money for the size I need.about twice as much I thoght I'd pay. So I wanna know any cheaper alternative to a streetbeat ragtop and the pros and cons of actually owning one. I dont want leaks, noise or any B.S. if I'm paying half a G to cut a hole in my perfectly good roof.

so who has some expericne they wanna share? oh, and by the way, you wont be able to talk me into a pop up, glass or any electric moonroofs, just a manual sliding rag, at least 40x40"

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
i had one in my old cutty,... i luv tha look!!!! dont get me wrong,..but i had a lot of problems with it open'n ,close'n ,leak'n in tha car wash!!!!! it's poorly made got it from streetbeat for 550$ but again it looks tight ass fuck!!!!!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Originally posted by 87fleetwood@Sep 7 2005, 02:48 PM~3772002
thanks for the input fellas...guess you take the good with the bad. the cutty looks tight btw. :thumbsup:
any time,.. homie :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
That is a nice cutty ;)

The main pro is the look..........I can't think of any moon/sun roof that looks tighter then a slidding ragtop.

Cons.........The price, Mine only leaked in windy rainy weather, but worse of all.........fools can cut it to break into your shit :angry:
But then again it's not as bad as having them break a window :dunno:

·
Banned
2,426 Posts
Originally posted by Mi Estilo CC@Sep 9 2005, 12:55 AM~3781116
That is a nice cutty ;)
The main pro is the look..........I can't think of any moon/sun roof that looks tighter then a slidding ragtop.

Cons.........The price, Mine only leaked in windy rainy weather, but worse of all.........fools can cut it to break into your shit  :angry:
But then again it's not as bad as having them break a window :dunno:
i think id prefer the broke window.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by grapevine509@Sep 7 2005, 05:53 AM~3766619
i had one in my old cutty,... i luv tha look!!!! dont get me wrong,..but i had a lot of problems with it open'n ,close'n ,leak'n in tha car wash!!!!! it's poorly made got it from streetbeat for 550$  but again it looks tight ass fuck!!!!!

lookin good!! what size of ragtop?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Originally posted by DrasticNYC@Nov 11 2005, 12:02 AM~4184101
I dont have any leaks or problems with mines.
My Suburban parks in the street, no garage.
I went with streetbeat.

That's a tight burban.

·
Est. 1975
4,463 Posts
:0
Originally posted by DrasticNYC@Nov 11 2005, 03:02 AM~4184101
I dont have any leaks or problems with mines.
My Suburban parks in the street, no garage.
I went with streetbeat.

wow! that is along slider. :0

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
lookin good!! what size of ragtop?
[/quote
tha actuall cut size was 40x52 custom made but tha rag took up about 10inches when folded up!!! sold it last winter!!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts