LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
im sure I could help... but I dont know what your talking about? what do you call "slingshot"? and are you comparing it to a parrallel 4 link?

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
TRIANGULATED 4 LINK IS THE BEST , IT ALLOWS THE CENTERING OF THE AXLE TO BE ADJUSTABLE...PLUS ON BIG INCH REAR TRAVEL
ALLOWS FOR MORE SIDE ARTICULATION...I JUST DID A 64 IMPALA
WITH 42'' LOWER ARMS AND 28'' UPPERS ,AND IT HAS 28'' OF TRAVEL WITH PERFECT DRIVELINE ANGLE. I'LL POST A PIC TOMORROW... :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
Damn that bitch is gonna lock up nice

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
MEME BROUGHT OUT ONE RECENTLY ,WHEN HE CAME TO VEGAS
BUT USED STOCK LOWERS,AND WHEN IT LOCKED UP THE LOWERS WERE SRTAIGHT UP AND DOWN...
THIS REAREND JOB I DID IS SOO CLEAN, ALMOST DON'T WANT TO HOP IT .........

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
wishbone , for the greatest travel , if setup correctlly ... and can be fully adjustable ......

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 7 2003, 04:57 AM
MEME BROUGHT OUT ONE RECENTLY ,WHEN HE CAME TO VEGAS
BUT USED STOCK LOWERS,AND WHEN IT LOCKED UP THE LOWERS WERE SRTAIGHT UP AND DOWN...
THIS REAREND JOB I DID IS SOO CLEAN, ALMOST DON'T WANT TO HOP IT .........
WOW! The stock lowers... Were they reinforced? Cause they'd be under hell of a load straight up and down! lol

·
Registered
13,986 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64@Nov 8 2003, 07:16 AM
wishbone/slingshot is superiour to a 4-link for hydro use, it allows all the 3-wheelin' action without any bend... a 4-link that's pulled up on 3 causes alot of bend.
u can get the heavy duty heim joints for the 4-link and it will twist in any way

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 7 2003, 03:33 AM
TRIANGULATED 4 LINK IS THE BEST , IT ALLOWS THE CENTERING OF THE AXLE TO BE ADJUSTABLE...PLUS ON BIG INCH REAR TRAVEL
ALLOWS FOR MORE SIDE ARTICULATION...I JUST DID A 64 IMPALA
WITH 42'' LOWER ARMS AND 28'' UPPERS ,AND IT HAS 28'' OF TRAVEL WITH PERFECT DRIVELINE ANGLE. I'LL POST A PIC TOMORROW... :biggrin:
Now this i'd like to see... pics! :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
HERE'S SOME OF THE SUSPENSION WORK WE DO @ BLACK MAGIC

HOPE U LIKE MY FABRICATION.....I'LL POST MORE OF AN S-10 I'M DOING NOW ...IT HAS TRIANGULATED AS WELL :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 8 2003, 11:23 PM
HERE'S SOME OF THE SUSPENSION WORK WE DO @ BLACK MAGIC

HOPE U LIKE MY FABRICATION.....I'LL POST MORE OF AN S-10 I'M DOING NOW ...IT HAS TRIANGULATED AS WELL :biggrin:
:biggrin: :thumbsup: :biggrin: :thumbsup: :puffin: :puffin:

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
DAMB ,CAN'T WAIT FOR THE KING OF THE STREETS KNOW.......
COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU.........TO KICK YOUR ASSES,
AND DRIVE IT AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

·
LFDY Graffix
5,135 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Nov 8 2003, 11:06 PM
AND HERE'S IT LAID :biggrin:
That's tight. Can't wait to see picks of the S10.
How much would something like that on the S10 run?

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by newmovementrider+Nov 8 2003, 09:50 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (newmovementrider @ Nov 8 2003, 09:50 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Nov 8 2003, 07:16 AM
wishbone/slingshot is superiour to a 4-link for hydro use, it allows all the 3-wheelin' action without any bend... a 4-link that's pulled up on 3 causes alot of bend.
u can get the heavy duty heim joints for the 4-link and it will twist in any way[/b][/quote]
if you use heim joints on a 4-link setup it wont hold the axle sideways -at all...

·
Registered
7,112 Posts
HERE GOES...THIS TYPE IS TRIANGULATED ON TOP, AND IN THE FRONT OF THE TRUCK...NOT ON THE AXLE,BECAUSE THE EARS WOULD NOT HOLD,BEING WELDED TO CAST IRON HOUSING..

1 - 20 of 213 Posts