LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of just having my local driveline shop make one up. figured it be cheaper. how long would i need and should it have a spring? for an 80' coupe

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
you need a spring if you intend on using it in conjunction with the factory tailshaft slip. As far as length, its best to get actual measurments, as any little change you have made to the car or plan to make to the car, can make a difference

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Originally posted by dken@Jan 26 2010, 04:51 PM~16419016
im thinking of just having my local driveline shop make one up. figured it be cheaper. how long would i need and should it have a spring?  for an 80' coupe

if they are gonna make you one then they should know what they are doing....otherwise just buy one and have it installed at the driveline shop....mine has about a 7 inch slip and thats not quite enough for me....

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Jan 26 2010, 09:38 PM~16422909
if they are gonna make you one then they should know what they are doing....otherwise just buy one and  have it installed at the driveline shop....mine has about a 7 inch slip and thats not quite enough for me....
im not planning on taking the whole car to them. just the shaft. (no homo) i live in iowa and its not very lowrider friendly. if any1 will even touch a car with juice they give u shit and sometimes even threaten to charge more. :uh: i got 14in now but im going with drop mounts and a slip to get full extention out of them

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Originally posted by dken@Jan 26 2010, 02:51 PM~16419016
im thinking of just having my local driveline shop make one up. figured it be cheaper. how long would i need and should it have a spring?  for an 80' coupe

If it ends up not as cost effective hit us up for $175.00 plus under $20.00 for shipping!! Our normal price is $200.00 plus shipping!! So lets us know got them in stock all day!!! :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts