LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, heres the deal. I'm building a hopper w/ 24in. cylinders in the rear, mounted coil-over style. Its all in a '85 2dr. Chevy Caprice. Now I know everyone I talk to says I'm going to need a slip yoke. I know what it is but where can I get one or have one made? Also, how much are they running$$$???
If not, does anyone know where I could find some info. on fabing one?
Any & all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by dreday at Sep 28 2003, 07:44 PM

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Any drive shaft shop should be able to do that for you also you may run into a problem with binding the U joints with cyliders that long you might need to get constant velocity U joint which means you will need to get a rear end that will accept one. those are some possibilities. George SRS

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked a couple local drive shaft shops and they all didn't seem to have one that'd do what I need it to do. Then again, they probably kinda wanted to stray away from auto-hydraulics.
Who is "RICH" & where can I find him?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Sep 28 2003, 10:22 PM
I asked a couple local drive shaft shops and they all didn't seem to have one that'd do what I need it to do. Then again, they probably kinda wanted to stray away from auto-hydraulics.
That is his name on here.. Just PM him..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Your car already has a slipyoke, what you need is a slipyoke eliminator.

A slipyoke technically is the splined yoke to slides into the tailpiece of the transmission. It slips in and out of the tailpiece as the rear end travels, hence its name.

A slipyoke eliminator, has its slipspline in the middle of the driveshaft, not at the end. The reason being is that the tailpiece can only accomidate maybe a 2 inch slide. With the slipspline in the middle of the shaft, it can be made to accomidate a huge amount of travel.

I bought my driveshaft from arizona drivelines, it has a 18'' telescoping slipspline and a CV on the rear, paid $550 for it.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by RobLBC+Sep 29 2003, 02:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RobLBC @ Sep 29 2003, 02:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dreday@Sep 28 2003, 09:22 PM
Central Driveshaft and Hydraulics
(323)233-6913[/b][/quote]
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

RICH is good people.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, you've all been a lot of help. I'm going to look into the info you all have given me.
If anyone else has more info., please leave a reply. I'll keep my eye on this topic for a while to see if theres' any new replies.
Thanks....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts