LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the tech area, in plumbing, it shows how to plumb slow downs for oil returning to the tank so that you can control the speed at which you dump the ride. Can you plumb in slow downs to control the flow TO the cylinders or is this done another way.

Just wonderin because say if you had a setup where you liked to hop from time to time, then this setup would require lots of volts to the front which in turn will make the front rise really quick. What would you do if you wanted the front to lift nice and slow, but still be able to hop when you want.

Slowdowns?????

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
No, you would be better off changing your voltage instead... Say you are running a two pump set up with eight batteries- two bays of 48V... if you wanna hop just rewire more voltage to your front pump....

Slowdowns would work but thats pretty cheesy IMO... you'd be running 72V and it'd be performing like a 24V setup because of the slowdown? HELL NO!

Forget that Idea... :biggrin:

It's always good to get the creative juices flowin' here on LIL...

Last edited by vwlownslo at Nov 9 2003, 08:46 PM

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Not to mention that I'm sure you would burn your motors up and put a lot more wear on your pumpheads from the strain that would be put on them.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let me rephrase this. If you got a hoppin setup, not necessarily a comp. hopper, but somethin you can hop a little from time to time,is there somethin you can plumb in so that everytime you go to lift your ride it doesn't jump 2 inches off of the ground, but then when you want to hop, you can.

This is why I was seein about slowdowns, see, when you want to lift your ride nice and slow just for cruisin, you have your slow down adjusted to do so, but then whenyou want to hop, you fully open them to hop(if they are opened all the way they won't restrict oil flow, will they?)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Yeah, the slowdowns would be some what restrictive.... Which isn't a concern on the return side... But is a no-no on the pressure side...

Just change voltage... Using slowdowns will only make your pumps components wear out and batteries drain faster... Why make your setup work harder then it has to?

Pressure line and slowdown= NO

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
I'm talking about when you have them closed to lift the car slowly. Thats when the strain gets put on the pumps. Here is something that you can do and that is to get a third set of sol. and wire your batts at the amount of volts you are going to use for hopping and wire in another switch for hopping. You could do it that way if you wanted that way you can use your regular switches for driving and then your hopping switch for when your ready to smack the bumper. Hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
yea you can that, say you are running 6 batteries, you could run another set of silonoids to say 4 batteries, so the car wont hit so hard all the time, also you will need 2 wires running to the front to the back of them so the second set will get its own power from the switch. then add a reg- 6 prong switch (one that wont snap back) to your panel, wire the first set of noids to the bottom, power to the middle, the sceond of noids to the top, and when thats done you will be able to go from 6 batteries- to 4 batteries at a flick of a switch

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Mr.Deez@Nov 9 2003, 05:35 PM
in the tech area, in plumbing, it shows how to plumb slow downs for oil returning to the tank so that you can control the speed at which you dump the ride. Can you plumb in slow downs to control the flow TO the cylinders or is this done another way.

Just wonderin because say if you had a setup where you liked to hop from time to time, then this setup would require lots of volts to the front which in turn will make the front rise really quick. What would you do if you wanted the front to lift nice and slow, but still be able to hop when you want.

Slowdowns?????
Mr. Deez I used to have 4 batts and could run 1,2,3,4 batts at will. I'm not up to making a graphic today, but, I thought I seen vwlownslo make some killer graphics. (Not trying to push anything at you vwlownslo).

Anyways, if you want a graphic later, LMK, if you want to know more, LMK.

How many batteries and where are they going?

ZZzz...

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
its called double switching,

also used for hopping when you have one bank at 60volts and the other at 96volts,

BTW you can run the two banks of solenoids off one big bank of batteries,

ie,
5th post run one bank of 'noids, to one set of switches
8th post run the other bank of noids, to your other set of switches
have a switch for lower voltage and next to that your bumper switch..

;)

Last edited by Volv_lo at Nov 10 2003, 02:14 PM

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Nov 10 2003, 01:12 PM
its called double switching,

also used for hopping when you have one bank at 60volts and the other at 96volts,

BTW you can run the two banks of solenoids off one big bank of batteries,

ie,
5th post run one bank of 'noids, to one set of switches
8th post run the other bank of noids, to your other set of switches
have a switch for lower voltage and next to that your bumper switch..

;)
Don't try this, It will catch fire!!

My turn, :biggrin:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by Volv_lo@Nov 10 2003, 02:30 PM
what ever HYDROS SAID   IS ALWAYS BULLSHIT,  who the fuck runs ONE BATTERY EH???

:biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:
Hey for the fun of it, I used to hook all the batts up to positives to postives and neg to neg, to = 12 volts.

Then I'd show people what my setup could do on 12 volts :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i hadnt thought about that until now thanks boys i think il try that with my hopper 72v for hopping n 36/48v for regular street use

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by stevie d@Nov 10 2003, 03:45 PM
i hadnt thought about that until now thanks boys i think il try that with my hopper 72v for hopping n 36/48v for regular street use
And for more fun, "T" off to another dump and slow down. Sometimes a car looks so sweet when it lowers real slow.

I'd like to see that switch box. Hey Richard, you got wiring for something like this in your book? Need any help, you know who to ask... (NOTE: Loaded question...) :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts