LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Dec 20 2008, 04:57 PM~12484661
If you can do it yourself, do it.  A shop will be expensive.
how expensive :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Ragtop Ted@Dec 20 2008, 04:57 PM~12484661
If you can do it yourself, do it.  A shop will be expensive.
any ball park idea you cant really see srry its the only pics i have but shes got a little oil leak nothing serious

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by az71monte@Dec 21 2008, 01:59 AM~12488187
I did mine candy and cost right around 150 and had alot of paint left over

:0 nice does that include the labor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
I can't speak for some one else, but I would charge about $1,000 to have my mechanic pull it out, remove the brackets and parts, then prep it down and spray it black, then put it back together and back in.
 

·
409
Joined
·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by tRiCk oR tReAt 2@Dec 21 2008, 07:16 AM~12488832
I can't speak for some one else, but I would charge about $1,000 to have my mechanic pull it out, remove the brackets and parts, then prep it down and spray it black, then put it back together and back in.
That sounds about right. :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,554 Posts
get a haynes manuel for $20 then get ur tool box and put in work it will save you so much much money and you'll learn how to pull out ur engine while ur at it you should change ur freeze plugs save you from any corrosion thats build up over the years plus with all the money you'll save you can buy some shiny chrome pieces for that newly painted engine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,907 Posts
Seriously why would you own a custom ride if you dont do the work yourself if you can. Pulling a motor is the first thing i learned when working on cars, ylou can have a small block out in a few hours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by ILUVMY82@Dec 21 2008, 11:42 PM~12495863
get a haynes manuel for $20 then get ur tool box and put in work it will save you so much much money and you'll learn how to pull out ur engine while ur at it you should change ur freeze plugs save you from any corrosion thats build up over the years plus with all the money you'll save you can buy some shiny chrome pieces for that newly painted engine

well the truth is that i got a kid and i work all the time and i got way more money than time ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,267 Posts
Originally posted by pink63impala@Dec 23 2008, 08:42 PM~12510416
well then where are you on the east coast.close to charlotte,nc?

Lol for real, anywhere near south florida? I'll take care of ya for about $1,000.
That's if everything is good on the motor and nothing needs to be replaced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by pink63impala@Dec 23 2008, 05:42 PM~12510416
well then where are you on the east coast.close to charlotte,nc?

my cars is already at a well known shop in very good hands i was just trying to get an idea once everything is all ripped apart thanks for all the input now i know an idea of what to expect ;)

does anyone know where i can get the aluminum on my door and window trim and the wheel trim redone its getting dull or maybe im better of just taking it all of and buying new trim if they still sell it that is
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top