LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '62 Cadillac which I'm currently doing a full restoration/custom job on. The front left fender and maybe a few other panels have rust spots and some that have developed into rust holes. My question is can these be repaired using metal or anything rather than bondo or fiberglass or is it better to replace the entire panel? Thx for any info.

:)

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
yeah you an weld in metal, or fill the hooles in with a welder, a wire feed, or fiberglass then bondo them in :cool:

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal@Jul 26 2003, 06:59 PM
yeah you an weld in metal, or fill the hooles in with a welder, a wire feed, or fiberglass then bondo them in :cool:
yeh after you do this put a skim coat over top of it this will prevent it from rusting inside out put this where ever you take the paint down to bare metal

·
Registered
10,530 Posts
Originally posted by 78&64dropped+Jul 27 2003, 02:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (78&64dropped @ Jul 27 2003, 02:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BigNasty85Regal@Jul 26 2003, 06:59 PM
yeh after you do this put a skim coat over top of it this will prevent it from rusting inside out put this where ever you take the paint down to bare metal[/b][/quote]

dont use fiberglass man, do it the right way! cut all that cancer out and replace it with new sheetmetal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts