LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE A V6 229 MONTECARLO ENGINE THE OIL PAN HAS A SMALL LEAK SO EVERYTIME I DRIVE IT I PUT HALF A QT OF OIL IN PENNIZOIL 10-30 WELL LAST NIGHT I GOT SOME O'REILLYS SAE30 PUT THAT IN THINKING THAT IT WAS HEAVIER AND WOULDNT LEAK AS FAST I DROVE IT FOR ABOUT 20 MINS PARKED THE CAR LEFT IT IDLE AND THEN SMOKE STARTED COMING OUT THE TAIL PIPE ALOT, I DROVE THE CAR A BLOCK AND PULLED OVER THEN LITTLE SMOKE WAS COMING OUT SO I DROVE THE CAR FOR AN HOUR AND THEN PARKED AND IDLE ALL OF A SUDDEN A SHIT LOAD OF SMOKE COMING OUT OF THE TAILPIPE ... WHAT COULD THIS BE THE OIL? OR WHAT ? NEED INPUT THANKS

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 26 2005, 11:32 AM
1. What color is the smoke?
2.  Check the oil level on the dipstick.
3.  Use 20W-50
[snapback]3482077[/snapback]​
dark color at night but not white , to much oil ??? 20-50 is better but nothing done to the engine cause it ran perfect still just the smoke

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
If you put too much oil in the engine, it will blow by the rings. That's why I said check the level. If you want to run a heavier weight so it won't go through oil as quickly, use 20W-50, not straight 30W.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Jul 26 2005, 12:44 PM
If you put too much oil in the engine, it will blow by the rings.  That's why I said check the level.  If you want to run a heavier weight so it won't go through oil as quickly, use 20W-50, not straight 30W.
[snapback]3482488[/snapback]​
I NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM BEFORE SO DO U THINK THE RINGS ARE BLOWN, OR DO I NEED TO DRAIN OUT THE OIL, CAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE I WAS SPRAYING FOR MOSQUITOS WHEN THE CAR WOULD SIT AND IDLE BUT DRIVING AND STOPING AND GO AT LIGHT U COULDNT SEE ANY SMOKE IF ANY.. DAM

·
Registered
240 Posts
Cahnge your oil and put flush it with engine flush... YOu will need to change the plugs also and then use some sea foam to clean the motors insides... that shyt will make your car smoke for a while because it is removing all the carbon and build up from the inside of the motor and also put some of the sea foam in your tank....

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
Originally posted by 84BLU-ICEREGAL@Jul 26 2005, 10:04 PM
I NEVER HAD THAT PROBLEM BEFORE SO DO U THINK THE RINGS ARE BLOWN, OR DO I NEED TO DRAIN OUT THE OIL, CAUSE IT LOOKED LIKE I WAS SPRAYING FOR MOSQUITOS WHEN THE CAR WOULD SIT AND IDLE BUT DRIVING AND STOPING  AND GO AT LIGHT U COULDNT SEE ANY  SMOKE IF ANY.. DAM
[snapback]3484899[/snapback]​
i'm thinking too rich ...

if it was going by your rings you would see the smoke when the engine is under load not an idle....

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FINALLY GOT AROUND TO WORKING ON THE CAR THIS PAST WEEKEND CHANGED THE OIL AND RAN CAR AFTER THAT NO MORE SMOKE I GUESS I HAD TO MUCH OIL IN THERE THANKS ALL FOR INPUT :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts