LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
instead of the colorado i was hoping to find, never did find one cheap enough, and i couldn't pass up the deal ford had goin.

its a 2005 f150 reg cab long bed, focus on the reg cab part though, i can fit a box about 60-65" wide, 12" deep at the bottom, and 8" deep at the top, all external dimensions, what do you guys think of 4 of these in there? http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC05CVR104

other suggestions are welcomed for possibly better subs that will fit in the same size box, about 6 cubic feet total, with a mounting depth of about 8" so my possiblities are limitless really.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 12 2005, 09:55 PM~3802854
instead of the colorado i was hoping to find, never did find one cheap enough, and i couldn't pass up the deal ford had goin.
its a 2005 f150 reg cab long bed, focus on the reg cab part though, i can fit a box about 60-65" wide, 12" deep at the bottom, and 8" deep at the top, all external dimensions, what do you guys think of 4 of these in there? http://www.cardomain.com/item/KIC05CVR104

other suggestions are welcomed for possibly better subs that will fit in the same size box, about 6 cubic feet total, with a mounting depth of about 8" so my possiblities are limitless really.

Those are alright, alot of hype lately has been put on em, and they are alright. If you are an audiophile, those are not going to suite your fancy...

How about 2 Brahma 12's or 2 xxx's slot ported to 35hz, now we are tlaking serious amount of sound and good quality, higher price but wow.

I would look into something different homie, take a peak at what I said up there.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 12 2005, 11:01 PM~3802886
Those are alright, alot of hype lately has been put on em, and they are alright. If you are an audiophile, those are not going to suite your fancy...

How about 2 Brahma 12's or 2 xxx's slot ported to 35hz, now we are tlaking serious amount of sound and good quality, higher price but wow.

I would look into something different homie, take a peak at what I said up there.
price is sorta an issue, i'd choose 4 of those over 2 brahma 12's for the simple fact of more cone area, i could really care less about sq, however, i've heard these kicker cvr's before, and they sound pretty good actually....

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by S10laynframe@Sep 13 2005, 12:01 AM~3802886

brahamas are overpriced and XXX's wont be out for a few months (with a noticable price increase and amt of power consumption)

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by draarong2004@Sep 12 2005, 11:55 PM~3802854

If youy can afford the extra money I suggest 4 of the cvr 12s in a 5.3^ft box with heavy stuffing.... :)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Cvr's are a good bang for the buck....they're basically a round version of the older silver cone L7's if you get right down to it. They're good for the price. Definately has some bling value to it too.

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 12 2005, 11:19 PM~3803029
If youy can afford the extra money I suggest 4 of the cvr 12s in a 5.3^ft box with heavy stuffing.... :)
that'd run me about 320 bux, but that idea might be worth it, be a helluva lot louder than 4 10's in the same cab.....wonder if i'll win any sound comps :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
did anyone ever consider the mounting depth of a XXX or brahma before they recommended them for his setup? given the thickness of the wood (prolly 1")due to the weight of either one of those subs, you wont be able to fit one with out some serious shit going... and your those measurements are correct... you dont want the actual sub beating INTO the seats right?

any how, i think thats a REALLY good idea, you wont be disappointed man...your seats are gonna shack like crazy.... i suggest a good set of coaxils or components up front amped... what ever you get up front needs to be seeing 60watts RMS and up...

-qs

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Originally posted by Pitbullx@Sep 13 2005, 01:19 AM~3803029
and were would 5.3^ft go again????

i think your good with 4 10's hommie...

post pics when your done... im getting ready to start my box buildup... if it doesnt produce what im looking for, im just gonna buy another CVR 12", gothic series 820amp, and qlogic type 2 box...

ppl say its loud enough, but well, we all know how that goes :biggrin:

-qs

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 13 2005, 07:27 PM~3808965
did anyone ever consider the mounting depth of a XXX or brahma before they recommended them for his setup? given the thickness of the wood (prolly 1")due to the weight of either one of those subs, you wont be able to fit one with out some serious shit going... and your those measurements are correct... you dont want the actual sub beating INTO the seats right?

any how, i think thats a REALLY good idea, you wont be disappointed man...your seats are gonna shack like crazy.... i suggest a good set of coaxils or components up front amped... what ever you get up front needs to be seeing 60watts RMS and up...

-qs
the dimensions i gave below were a bad estimate, the box i can actually make is about 15" deep at the bottom, 5" deep at the top, 23" tall, and 59.5" wide, thats outer dimensions and comes out to just over 6 cubic feet with 3/4 inch mdf board, if i was to do something with the xxx's or the brahma's, i'd have them downfiring so i could use the thicker wood :biggrin:

Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 13 2005, 07:32 PM~3809014
and were would 5.3^ft go again????

i think your good with 4 10's hommie...

post pics when your done... im getting ready to start my box buildup... if it doesnt produce what im looking for, im just gonna buy another CVR 12", gothic series 820amp, and qlogic type 2 box...

ppl say its loud enough, but well, we all know how that goes :biggrin:
-qs
established where the 5.3^ft would come from for the 4 12's......

either way, i've been thinking more and more about how loud it might actually be with the subs downfiring behind the seats.......that'd be interesting, get 2-3 12" brahma's......

·
Registered
15,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by CuttieBuddie@Sep 15 2005, 10:47 AM~3820616
you know our rule about ODD NUMBERS AARON... your earning cool points at the moment, dont blow it... :puffin:

-qs
what if they all have their own amps?....ok i'll stop...lol, if i went the brahma route, i'd find the extra room to have 4 10" brahma's downfiring, be sealed box's though. but if i do just 2 12's, 3 cubes each might be enough to have each ported...

·
Registered
20 Posts
For around the same price as the CompVR's, you could also check out the Oz Audio Vector Subs. They are 350RMS each, and better SQ IMO.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by tplaya07@Sep 17 2005, 07:55 PM~3834712
For around the same price as the CompVR's, you could also check out the Oz Audio Vector Subs. They are 350RMS each, and better SQ IMO.
but they wont supply the SPL that hes after...

·
Registered
20 Posts
How do you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't see there being any real audible difference between the CompVR's or Oz, and in fact the Kicker are rated at 300RMS each, while the Oz are rated at 350 each.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
Originally posted by tplaya07@Sep 17 2005, 08:02 PM~3834747
How do you come to that conclusion? I wouldn't see there being any real audible difference between the CompVR's or Oz, and in fact the Kicker are rated at 300RMS each, while the Oz are rated at 350 each.
actually the CompVR12s are 400w rms ;)
and a power rating isnt the only factor when it comes to the level of output a subwoofer has.....

Ive heard the vectors in several installs and the compvrs and in similar installs the oz's have better transient response but the compvrs are louder to the ear and on the mic...

·
Registered
20 Posts
OK. So what are we talking??? 2-3 dB difference in the same enclosure, if any at all? I do understand their is alot more to a subs output levels than just RMS ratings. Enclosure, subs efficiency, cabin gain, and a ton of other factors will come into play. I am just speaking from my experience, being that I carry both products, have done installs in similar boxes with both products, and seen no real audible difference in either setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts