LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off i would like to say fuck fwd v6's especially this engine. decided to do a tune up. ended up having to pull off the fucking intake to get to the back 3 plugs and distibutar. got everything done swapped plug wires 1 by one to make sure they were right. bottom screw on the cap is seized up my brother ends up snapping the screw off. has to undo 3 bolts and pull the part off the engine the cap and rotor go to off and get it drilled out. so i put everything back together once i get the part back. he marked the rotor position when he took it off. anyway got it all back it fires right up and i push the throttle revs smooth. go to put it in gear it jerks and wants to die. im told the timing is prob a bit off or 180. is there anyway to test this with out having to pull everything apart again? do i have to use 1st plug or can i use one of the front 3. :uh:

heres my cars info

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
bring number 1 cylinder tdc check timing mark on balancer check where rotor bug points on dist

should all be on theyr marks

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
If it cranks up fine & revs normally, I don't see how the timing could be off(enough to make it want to die when engaged in gear).
If ya don't have a timing light, let it idle for a while & see if it starts to run hot.
If so it may be off.

Sure all there isn't a vaccum line unhooked or a sensor unplugged?

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
May have a vaccum leak around the intake?
Might try and spray a little starting fluid around the intake ports with the engine running, if it revs up there's a leak. Just keep the spray away from the air filter/box.

I'm sure you loosened & turned the dist. around a little while the engine is running.

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by maddogg20/20@Oct 4 2007, 08:04 PM~8934062
May have a vaccum leak around the intake?
Might try and spray a little starting fluid around the intake ports with the engine running, if it revs up there's a leak.  Just keep the spray away from the air filter/box.

I'm sure you loosened & turned the dist. around a little while the engine is running.
no havent turned anything. my bros gonna try and get the cap off again tomorrow with out me undoing everything again and try and adjust it or some shit. then i have a mechanic commin by at 7 to look at it. now with the starting fluid do i just shoot it around the front of the intake where the front bolts are that hold it on?

·
Registered
12,646 Posts
I think the best way to fix it is to scrap it out. ;)

·
Registered
9,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mechanic came by today and plugged in his tester thing and drove it. tester says its a throttle sensor or somethin fuckin up. but he said he's still gonna check the plugs,wires,cap everything. so for 250+ exp, he's putting in a new water pump, timing chain, new lower control arms in the front and fixing wutever the fuck is makin my car run like shit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts