LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went outside today and started hopping my car when it just stop working, so i opened the trunk and i could smell something burning could it be a bad soleniod? if so how can i check which one is bad?

i just went outside and tried it again and all i hear are the solenoids clicking. the front and back both wont go up.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Being as neither the front or rear work I am stumped. However Solenoids would be my 1st guess

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by 91PurplePeopleEater@Aug 10 2005, 06:06 PM~3584491
i went outside today and started hopping my car when it just stop working, so i opened the trunk and i could smell something burning could it be a bad soleniod? if so how can i check which one is bad?

i just went outside and tried it again and all i hear are the solenoids clicking. the front and back both wont go up.
Your switch cord probally burned up.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Originally posted by 91PurplePeopleEater@Aug 10 2005, 07:38 PM~3584959
the dash switches and switch in the trunk dont work :uh:
It might have burned the switch power off , check this because if it was solenoids it would still do something.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
ya seems like a shity week.. Its a noid.. Does it smell like a elc. fire.. I burned all three Sat. hoping. :cool: i swaped the leeds and she worked just fine.. (Front set).
Just walked in the door with 3 more from auto zone. $29 for all..
Part # [F456] $8.99 :biggrin:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Does It Dump

It Might Be Your Motors

I'd Check Your Soleniod Too

They Always Go Bad

To Check have two people

Hit the switch and tap a screwdriver in betwwen the top posts when it raises up that ones bad Most of the time

Be carful sometimes it will stick open and the motor won't stop spinning

If So Cut The Ground

Doing The Srcewdriver Shit got me home or to the parts store alot :biggrin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts