LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car will go down fine but will not raise back up, can hear the motors running but no movement, fluid levels are good, I see no leaks, i did notice however that one of the solenoids connected to the pump is warm and the other 3 are cold, would that cause the whole system to fail ?

2 showtime pumps, 4 dumps, only connected too 2 batteries at the moment, thanks.

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
i would not count on any help homie i posted a question yesterday still no answer .. people read them but dnt reply back for whateva reason

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its probably the warm one right, the other 3 are cold, I am talking about the solenoids actually connected to the pumps and switch wires. thanks milkweed, big help.

·
THA COMEBACK
7,539 Posts
its the solenoid replace all 4 so u have peace of mind

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have them grounded by tightening the ground wire around the bolt then bolting down the solenoid bolt over it, is that a good idea or should I try something different, thanks.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Originally posted by jessemiller1979@Sep 29 2007, 02:49 PM~8895812
my car will go down fine but will not raise back up, can hear the motors running but no movement, fluid levels are good, I see no leaks, i did notice however that one of the solenoids connected to the pump is warm and the other 3 are cold, would that cause the whole system to fail ?

2 showtime pumps, 4 dumps, only connected too 2 batteries at the moment, thanks.
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 24 VOLTS GOING TO THEM.....THAT MIGHT BE IT.... ;)

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by bigtroubles1@Sep 29 2007, 03:03 PM~8895886
i would not count on any help homie i posted a question yesterday still no answer  .. people read them but dnt reply back for whateva reason
You have 175 GD post for help toooo.. :cool:

I just got 2 noids from autozone... :biggrin: $21

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you said the motor was spinning, but no movement? but the if you skip the solenoids and jump the batt to the motor it lifts?? that doesn't make any sense. if the motor spins but the car doesn't lift, I'd say broken key, or a blown pumphead seal. If you hit the switch, and your motor spins, solenoids are fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts