LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have now got a solenoid hopper in progress(just putting on the front wheels!). its a 61 impala painted purple, gold chassis, and a big solenoid at the front. i will post up a video later on, even if it dosent work. ;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
sweet, sounds tight. How big is the solenoid. Can't wait for the vid.
Nice going. :cool: :biggrin: :thumbsup:

-Chris Lee

AKA twin

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
I'm not so much interested to build these solenoids in a 1/24 scale since they take up to much space...but for larger models like 1/12 and 1/10 scale it would be great but only when it doesn't use a string for the hopping. The string is always the weakest link in a hopping mechanism it wears out too fast. So any other way without the use of a string would be great! ;)

But I'm damn curious where you came up with Ali!

Last edited by jevries at Oct 6 2003, 12:27 AM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302+Oct 6 2003, 01:04 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lownslow302 @ Oct 6 2003, 01:04 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--O.G.ModelBuilder@Oct 5 2003, 04:35 PM
umm, whats a solenoid?
a solenoid is a device that turns electrical action into mechanical action[/b][/quote]
in a push/pull motion might i add. ;)

sorry man, just clarifying that since motors turn electric into movement also. but in a turning motion.

and both are done by a magnetic field as well :)

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 6 2003, 08:23 AM
I'm not so much interested to build these solenoids in a 1/24 scale since they take up to much space...but for larger models like 1/12 and 1/10 scale it would be great but only when it doesn't use a string for the hopping. The string is always the weakest link in a hopping mechanism it wears out too fast. So any other way without the use of a string would be great! ;)

But I'm damn curious where you came up with Ali!
they wont make a car hop, but they would make a great 1/12 dancer.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 6 2003, 04:28 PM
The 12V is what's bothering me....it's simply too much.
I would need a solenoiod that reacts on 6V putting on 9,6V so it will hop a car. Prolly need some weight in the back...lot's of them. ;)
cool, youd have to help me out on that one ;)

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Originally posted by hopper_ali@Oct 6 2003, 08:54 AM

[/quote]
I bet it could hop if you were to use springs with it and get the timing just right on repetive hits of the switch just like a real Lowrider.

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by ScratchBuilderV@Oct 6 2003, 04:34 PM

I bet it could hop if you were to use springs with it and get the timing just right on repetive hits of the switch just like a real Lowrider.
[/quote]
thats quite a good idea :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,614 Posts

·
Registered
13,478 Posts
''I used a broken electric dildo.
I mean I just used the electoric cotrole switch of the broken dildo. not main part of
dildo. ( A worm gear inside of main part was worn out. So I threw the dick part away.)''

hahaha thats creativity right there.

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Oct 6 2003, 01:32 PM
This Japanes guy made his 1/24 '64 Impala hop using a solenoid from a Yamaha motorcycle without springs. He added lots of weight to the back of the car and it hops quite smooth altho the back is not really raised that high... ;)

The story behind this japanese '64
http://www3.gateway.ne.jp/~speednut/zzSA2-64Imp.htm

The clip to watch what it does:
http://www3.gateway.ne.jp/~speednut/SA64HOPPER.mpg

Rightclick, save as. ;)
You can tell he had lotsa weight in that thing. has a good hop though

1 - 20 of 33 Posts