LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

solenoids a fire

3K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  KINGFISH_CUSTOMS 
#1 ·
so i know how we all enjoy a good fire, just not in our own car lol. so heres my fun last night. solenoid stuck open(thank god it didnt keep the motor spinning), caught fire..(should have took a picture of the flame) the heat melted my passenger pump solenoid wire and the ground wire as u can see from the 2nd to last picture..... then when i got the cables off the noids so they wouldnt hit the batteries, i used one to jump the front pump and fogot the damn screw arched on the end of the cable and hit my damn adex candle arching it on that and thus the results.. (sorry andy, but the bitch still works, ill have to send it to ya sometime lol)

oh and the noids are accurates before they got named accumax and they are 3 1/2 yrs old...

See less See more
#5 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 7 2008, 07:10 PM~12362534
so i know how we all enjoy a good fire,  just not in our own car lol.  so heres my fun last night.  solenoid stuck open(thank god it didnt keep the motor spinning), caught fire..(should have took a picture of the flame)  the heat melted my passenger pump solenoid wire and the ground wire as u can see from the 2nd to last picture.....  then when i got the cables off the noids so they wouldnt hit the batteries, i used one to jump the front pump and fogot the damn screw arched on the end of the cable and hit my damn adex  candle arching it on that and thus the results.. (sorry andy, but the bitch still works, ill have to send it to ya sometime lol)

oh and the noids are accurates before they got named accumax and they are 3 1/2 yrs old...

:uh: amateur.....................shoulda blown more shit up.................. :biggrin:

#6 ·
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 7 2008, 07:20 PM~12362688
:uh: amateur.....................shoulda blown more shit up.................. :biggrin:
yeah when i did that shit i fuked 3 sols 1 batt 1 motor and a few cables and made my son run in the hose all scared hahah

#7 ·
oops at least thats it, and not the whole trunk

#9 ·
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 7 2008, 08:20 PM~12362688
haha. im glad thats all it was. just need 6 new solenoids.... the adex still works. but im gonna have to get a new candle eventually here

#10 ·
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 7 2008, 08:25 PM~12362776
yeah when i did that shit i fuked 3 sols 1 batt 1 motor and a few cables and made my son run in the hose all scared hahah

ya it just stuck that 1st noid. the other 2 are fine. but im not gonna trust them on a front pump lol. put those away for a rainy day for a back pump setup thats needs it.

#12 ·
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 7 2008, 07:25 PM~12362776
:thumbsup: professional............

#15 ·
Originally posted by MoreBounce 805@Dec 7 2008, 08:22 PM~12363479
Gotta luv it. But all that counts is that Adex still works!  ;)
NOW IF ONLY HE COULD GET THE PUMP 2 WORK........ :0

:biggrin:

#16 ·
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 7 2008, 09:25 PM~12363524
NOW IF ONLY HE COULD GET THE PUMP 2 WORK........ :0
:biggrin:
no no.. now if only I could get u 2 work on the pump lol

#17 ·
Originally posted by MoreBounce 805@Dec 7 2008, 09:22 PM~12363479
Gotta luv it. But all that counts is that Adex still works!  ;)
oh yes....I was like 'oh shit I just burnt the candle with that arch' lol..but nope still works

#18 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 7 2008, 09:06 PM~12364070
oh yes....I was like 'oh shit I just burnt the candle with that arch' lol..but nope still works
damn... well at least all you got to do is under $50... Could have been worse. I'll have to find the video of our prez and the SDZ fire brigade at a show.. Beer , 8 batts , 1 fire swisher and 6 noids later... :angry: :biggrin:

#20 ·
Originally posted by KINGFISH_CUSTOMS@Dec 7 2008, 09:04 PM~12364045
no no.. now if only I could get u 2 work on the pump lol
:cool: AS SOON AS I HAVE TIME..........AND AS SOON AS U HAVE MONEY FOR PARTS..................

#22 ·
I remember I used solenoid blocks for the first and never again. It melted my cables and 2 batts and cable ends and a return hose. All that on. One hit... Boom!

#24 ·
Originally posted by MUFASA@Dec 7 2008, 11:21 PM~12365079
:cool: AS SOON AS I HAVE TIME..........AND AS SOON AS U HAVE MONEY FOR PARTS..................

haha so basically never huh lol

j/p.... you never told me what parts i need to buy other than 6 solenoids now lol

#26 ·
Originally posted by clairfbeeIII@Dec 8 2008, 08:22 AM~12366589
how come the one that caught fire wasn't bolted down?

it was. the heat melted the head of self tapping screw off...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.