LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Canadian
Joined
·
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is my first setup, i've had the car for about 3 weeks. it's a 4 pump, 8 batt setup, running 48 volts to the front and back. there are 8 solenoids, 2 to each pump. when i originally got the car, 4 solenoids were already blown, all for the right side, (it was sticking). i replaced the four, and was ok for 2 weeks, until today. i pull into the driveway and the front right starts sticking. why is this happening, what type of solenoids should i get? i haven't charged the batts yet, but i've only used the switches maybe on 6 differnt occasions.

btw, i live in canada, i don't know if that affects gettin solenoids, just thought i'd through that out there. :biggrin:
 

·
EnViUs
Joined
·
22,931 Posts
call prohopper and order you some Heavy Duty cyloniods...Then can handel 6 batts at 1 time without problems....since your only running 48 volts itll be great for you...ran for 6 months straight with no problems on mine till someone stole it
 

·
The Canadian
Joined
·
7,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by slamed87lincoln@Aug 9 2005, 03:51 PM~3571867
call prohopper and order you some Heavy Duty cyloniods...Then can handel 6 batts at 1 time without problems....since your only running 48 volts itll be great for you...ran for 6 months straight with no problems on mine till someone stole it
damn, those ain't cheap! how many would i need and how long is the turnaround time on ordering from prohopper to canada?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
they start sticking because your battery's are crankin out enough power.... keep em charged. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,427 Posts
If you fried the new solenoids in that short of time, either your batts are too low or your ground is shitty. I'm seriously thinking about ordering the heavy duties, they look clean and they are rebuildable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
chinas
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by 81low@Aug 9 2005, 06:07 PM~3572543
accurates  :thumbsup: its been a year at 72 volts no problems yet.
Same here...1 year @ 60volts, no problems. I even hit the switch when the batts are dead!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,920 Posts
alright first charge your batteries up real good..then see what happens....if they are still fucked replace em all...the best solenoid you can buy is the neihoff ultra's part number is ff143a and you can get em thru lordco probably cost you 15 bucks each but they are the best solenoid you can buy...fuck all the rest...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by cuttn_thru@Aug 9 2005, 02:22 PM~3571694
Ok, so this is my first setup, i've had the car for about 3 weeks. it's a 4 pump, 8 batt setup, running 48 volts to the front and back. there are 8 solenoids, 2 to each pump. when i originally got the car, 4 solenoids were already blown, all for the right side, (it was sticking). i replaced the four, and was ok for 2 weeks, until today. i pull into the driveway and the front right starts sticking. why is this happening, what type of solenoids should i get? i haven't charged the batts yet, but i've only used the switches maybe on 6 differnt occasions.

btw, i live in canada, i don't know if that affects gettin solenoids, just thought i'd through that out there.  :biggrin:

Check the voltage on each battery seperate, I would be willing to bet you'd find they are dead or way too low to activate the solenoid. Charge them bitches up! :cool:
 

·
EnViUs
Joined
·
22,931 Posts
Originally posted by cuttn_thru@Aug 9 2005, 03:57 PM~3571896
damn, those ain't cheap! how many would i need and how long is the turnaround time on ordering from prohopper to canada?
not cheap but worth it...just get 1 per pump and just follow the directions that come with them...one of the top post is a ground also.....really simple...i honestly dont know the turnaround time but i know from Cali to Missouri it takes them 4-5 days...but you can get 2 or 3 day shipping
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top