LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear pump solenoids keep sticking on me, and its puzzling the hell out of me. Everything was fine for a couple weeks, now Ive gone through 2 sets of noids in the last couple days. When i put the new set in , they worked fine for a day, then they started sticking. HERES THE CRAZY PART, When the noid stick,,, the setup stays powered EVEN with the disconnect unpluged (car will still dump, and noids will still click)

2 pumps /4 batteries ,2 solenoids per pump. good batts on a good charge.

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
check ur 24v wire to make sure that it hasnt been pinched and ground itself out as well. where is the end ground located at. make sure u have well charged batteries. low batteries can and will cause solenoids to stick

·
Registered
14,802 Posts
Also what kind of solenoids are u using. u buy the cheap ones from kragens or any other auto store u get cheap results with an expensive bill in the end when u have to replace pumpheads, or pump motors or have to start rebuilding pumphead and replacing pressure seals

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
had that happen to me the noid sticks closed and makes a circuit I fried my adel candel because of it. changed my batts never happend again.

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by doctahouse+May 23 2008, 12:44 AM~10714510-->
Make sure all the paint is ground off behind the noids. You need a good clean connection there and on your main ground.
[/b]
this was the main thing is thinking, but they seemed to have a clean ground

Originally posted by [email protected] 23 2008, 02:09 AM~10715054
Also what kind of solenoids are u using. u buy the cheap ones from kragens or any other auto store u get cheap results with an expensive bill in the end when u have to replace pumpheads, or pump motors or have to start rebuilding pumphead and replacing pressure seals
running those duralast ones, got em from autozone, been running em in my setups for years and never had a prob.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dylante63
@May 23 2008, 02:24 AM~10715156
had that happen to me the noid sticks closed and makes a circuit I fried my adel candel because of it. changed my batts never happend again.
Ouch! yea one of my dumps blew a couple puffs of smoke.

Thanks for the help fellas. Went through it again ,and it seems to a mixture of the switch and rear noids. I put some old noid i had laying around on its working again (so good, so far) .Im wondering if i bought some noids from a bad batch, but i bought my front noids at the same time, and they have NEVER gave a problem. I also noticed my rear switch stop working completely like it should , so i replaced that to, hopefully im good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My rear pump solenoids keep sticking on me, and its puzzling the hell out of me. Everything was fine for a couple weeks, now Ive gone through 2 sets of noids in the last couple days. When i put the new set in , they worked fine for a day, then they started sticking. HERES THE CRAZY PART, When the noid stick,,, the setup stays powered EVEN with the disconnect unpluged (car will still dump, and noids will still click)

2 pumps /4 batteries ,2 solenoids per pump. good batts on a good charge.
I had that problem as well. I had a bad switch and noids

1 - 8 of 8 Posts